Whatcha doin????

troublesmom

Re: Whatcha doin????

Post by troublesmom »

I feel like this also Christy. Does make me feel bad about being like this. I do love family but..............
ChristyB wrote:
Ruth Ann Landry wrote: Nannie..so glad you are finding our "online family" warm and encompassing....it's such a great group of truely caring women...funny, so many of us only "know" each other via the internet, yet feel so close......

isn't that the truth. most days I'd rather be with y'all instead of most of my "blood" family
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Monica

Post by Monica »

THere's some truth in that saying "you can pick your friends, but not your relatives." I love my family, eve nwhen I want to smack a few of them upside the head, but I wouldn't be able to tolerate very many of them on a daily basis. You guys, however, are part of the family I chose (another definition of friend), and I feel deprived if I don't have time to pop on the board every day to check out what's going on. :happy94: Thanks for the happy place to hang out!

And as for the original postings in this thread, I'm hoping to play all day. I got the cleaning done yesterday,the laundry can wait another day, the fridge is full, and it's a gorgeous day out so DH will be down at the R/C field until dark. Hmmm.... wonder who I can call to come play with me?

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Sharonv

Post by Sharonv »

Well I have paint and ink, embossing powder and gesso all over my hands LOL.. I tried another couple of Bernie Berlin techniques and made a couple of ATC's and have just finished making an Alice tag..... Saw an article in the newspaper about the "Real story of Alice" and nabbed the pics from the paper.
Holly

Post by Holly »

:D Well finally my kitchen is done and I am so happy with it. :D I had the ole drop ceiling in there with the flourescent lights, and they drove me nutty. Now that the ceiling is raised up even with the rest of the room, (and it only was 1 foot difference) I swear they somehow widened the room by 2 feet. So much better, you have to see it to believe it. I finally can see in the kitchen, and it is wonderful! :D

Of course, now that I can see, I realize I must replace the counter tops, as they are really showing the wear. :lol:
Maree

Post by Maree »

I am still up to the pussy's bow with boxes :roll:

but needed to see what you were all up to before starting again
Sharonv

Post by Sharonv »

LOL keep plugging away, Maree! Are you loving your new scrap area??
Maree

Post by Maree »

Not yet. No where near being done. Took a pic of before with just desk, bookcase and boxes, and will take a finished pic later down the track. Have done it with every room
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Holly, I know what you mean about raising the ceiling. I've done it and it really makes a huge difference. Congratulations on getting your kitchen back!
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Whew - just broke down the remains of all my CS kits and sorted them into my color-family cardstocks. I have a stack of ALSB pages to bring to Re(create) to sell (cheap!) and another huge stack of letter stickers.
There's a very, very slim chance DD & family will be moving back to the US (did I just jinx it?) so I'm motivated to declutter again! It would be SO nice to have all my family back on the same continent.
Never did get the kitchen island completely cleaned off - made a quick run to Bed Bath & Beyond for lamp shades. Found drapes for our little office for $9.99 on clearance. Found new throw pillows for the family room at 50% off at Kohl's. My family room is about 30 shades of brown so I bought some blue/aqua pillows and two red ones for a pop of color. What difference throw pillows can make.
One more load of laundry and it's bed time (does anybody really know what time it is? ear-worm...)
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I finally got the mess cleaned up from Adam's birthday dinner and can finally sit down to relax - seriously thinking about just going to bed with a glass of Irish Cream and a good book.

And I too understand what the friendship and fellowship of this group means. DH laughs because I know more about your lives than I do the people that I see on a day to day basis. I choose to hang out with all of you - them I have to work with, but that doesn't mean that I have to like them. :lol:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Holly

Post by Holly »

bethrich wrote:Holly, I know what you mean about raising the ceiling. I've done it and it really makes a huge difference. Congratulations on getting your kitchen back!
Thanks Beth! :D