My Own Studio

Sharonv

My Own Studio

Post by Sharonv »

What a surprise today! We went looking at bathroom stuff (vanities, taps etc). Will add here I have been as cranky as heck lately with moodswings and up and down like a yo-yo and NOT a nice person to live with or even to talk to. The reasons for that are on my blog... LOL.. And I am going back on my tablets!

Anyway we left the bathroom place after me saying, I don't care, whatever one you want etc etc.. Heading home and blue-eyes says can you do a u-turn and go back to that shed/garage place... I'm thinking what the!! I do NOT want to look at dang sheds!! Anyway we go in there and he sees something he likes and goes to talk to the salesman. Well... turns out he has ordered me a whole separate studio!! 2 big windows, glass sliding doors, guttering the lot! It will take about 3 months before it is installed, from council approval to making it etc.. And it is a whopping 24 feet long by 11 1/2 feet wide and he is going to put heating and cooling in it for me and DD!! And maybe, just maybe I will run some local classes eventually!! It will be fully fitted out as in proper walls and ceiling and insulation.. WOW. He must be crazy or just was tired of me not smiling!!
Holly

Re: My Own Studio

Post by Holly »

Sharon-- I am so happy for you! :D :D
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

lucky you!
Sharonv

Post by Sharonv »

who says being a b$tch doesn't pay off eh? I sound ungrateful I know. But that is just the frame of mind I am in. I am really really happy and surprised by it ! And of course, excited. Now I have something to plan for :)
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

How exciting!
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I would love to be out of the house and have a spot to play in somewhere else on this property. No phone, no children arguing, no animals trying to haul off my supplies or chewing on the paper or occupying my stool. <sigh>
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

how lucky you are
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
Sharonv

Post by Sharonv »

pbp908 wrote:I would love to be out of the house and have a spot to play in somewhere else on this property. No phone, no children arguing, no animals trying to haul off my supplies or chewing on the paper or occupying my stool. <sigh>
I know what you mean :) This will be off our pergola so will be under cover all the way to the sliding door, so even if raining I will not get drenched when heading out to it.

Now ideas please?? What storage etc.? I will have one full wall of 24 feet and one of 11 1/2 feet for storage and about 8 feet high.
Monica

Post by Monica »

Sounds awesome, Sharon! And how fun to get to plan out a craft space that'll be all new. :cool5:

I'd suggest you start with what you know is going out there, i.e., what furniture/storage that is sure to be there. Graph out the space, then add in those pieces where you think you'd like them to be, and go from there. Will you want more shelving? If so, what type? Bookcases, brackets with shelves? Table(s)? What size? What countertop space do you need for tools? Like a Cricut or other die cutting machines, a Cuttlebug or similiar machine, a computer, paper trimmer, tool caddies for commonly used items.... Lighting needs to be considered as well, so make sure wherever you position your primary work space will have good lighting day and night. What height is comfortable for you with a countertop? Do you want a TV and/or radio out there? Make sure to find it/them a home.

HTH!
Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Wow, Sharon, lucky you!
NannieKK

Post by NannieKK »

What a nice surprise! Lucky U ! ! !

Kaye
:coffee3:
Sharonv

Post by Sharonv »

Thanks very much Monica. It helps a lot!!
Hasmom99

Post by Hasmom99 »

Sharon,
That is really neat. Enjoy!