German scrap....

Monica

German scrap....

Post by Monica »

So, before I go crazy spending money I shouldn't buying something I may or may not like..... can someone give me a bit of a description on how this stuff is to work with? I really wish I could touch some but I know of no place local to me that I could find some. I'm a very tactile, visually-oriented person, and while this stuff looks very pretty in the online photos, I really want to see some IRL, KWIM?

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pamcook

Re: German scrap....

Post by pamcook »

I like it. It's a bit fragile? At least the pieces I've had. Sort of like foil stickers without the sticky back? I would suggest that you buy a few pieces in a design you love - you can always buy more.
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Re: German scrap....

Post by mpizzazz »

I'm assuming you mean the gold (and other colors) foil stuff. I guess it should be called German or Dresden Foil because all the collagey images are also called German Scrap. I would say it's sturdier than it looks and is easy to work with. You just have to snip it apart where it is joined and it forgiving about being bent or folded. I wouldn't go nuts buying a lot as a little goes a long way. Usually you are just using it as an accent or a border.

Hope that helps.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com