Why can't I leave well enough alone???

Yoli

Why can't I leave well enough alone???

Post by Yoli »

:angry37: I've had some problems coming up with a sketch for a particular LO I've been working on for too long. I finally thought I had something I could live with. I used some of TH's masks w/ink but did not like the end result. So I decided to start all over again eventhough I had already adhered photos . . . title . . . the works. So I grabbed a new 12x12 sheet of paper, the same TH masks and decided to use glitter mists instead. In my rush I did not bother to look at which way the nozzle was pointing. Well . . . you know exactly what I did! I sprayed the :censor: thing on my brand new shirt!!! :angry42:

I rarely redo LOs. I figure the thing is done and I try to just move on. I should have adhered to that philosophy with this LO. Lesson learned!
n8tvtexan

Re: Why can't I leave well enough alone???

Post by n8tvtexan »

Oh no!! I have so many pages I'd like to redo. Then I think of all the pages I have yet to complete and change my mind. lol Did the glitter mist come out of your shirt?
Holly

Post by Holly »

Second that question...did it come out and if so what did you use?
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

lol
I hope it comes out, and I think a lot of us can say "been there done that" to spraying in the wrong direction.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Oh no! So sorry Yoli. Major bummer.

I'm pretty much in the same boat as Michelle. Right now, the balance between being in love with a layout and being done with a layout always tips to being done. Some day I hope to get to the point when I can really enjoy the process, but I'm not there yet. And when I do get there, I'm sure to mist my own shirt more often than not, so if you get it out, please share the tip!
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Of course if you can't get the mist out, you could create a new work of wearable art. :twisted:

I hope it comes out, though!
Yoli

Post by Yoli »

The shirt is salmon color and it seems that only one permanent spot remains. However, its dull and discolored so you have to really look for it. I was lucky. When I realized what I did I immediately soaked the shirt in cold water.
LadyJaine

Post by LadyJaine »

Yoli wrote:The shirt is salmon color and it seems that only one permanent spot remains. However, its dull and discolored so you have to really look for it. I was lucky. When I realized what I did I immediately soaked the shirt in cold water.
I'm sorry, I had a vision of you, running screaming to the sink while stripping off your shirt. ;)

Since I've done exactly that, it was an extremely vivid vision, with arms waving frantically, loud words, and a few clatters to clear dishes out of the sink...
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Glad you were able to get most of it out. I can tell you a great item to use for stains and it sounds really weird but POLIDENT tablets. Hubby had gotten wine on a good shirt and I told him it would never come out. Well he tried soaking the shirt the sink with a tablet and it took every bit of the stain out and didn't discolor the shirt. I have been using those tablets ever since for stains.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Yoli

Post by Yoli »

LadyJaine wrote:
Yoli wrote:I'm sorry, I had a vision of you, running screaming to the sink while stripping off your shirt. ;)
Yup . . . that's exactly what happened . . . trying to rip off my shirt while running to the bathroom spewing all kinds of curse words in both Spanish and English! It wasn't pretty!

Polident . . .hmmm . . . thanks for the inside tip.
Holly

Post by Holly »

Looks like a trip to Walgreens again....just for those emergencies. I can't tell you how many shirts and pants I own with ink or paint spots. I suppose it is too late for those, but I will be ready next time!
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

Great tip
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois