I just made my first Digital photo book

capescrapper

Re: I just made my first Digital photo book

Post by capescrapper »

Thanks so much! :D
jam1375

Post by jam1375 »

Very Cool! I just started Project 365 and your post about having your book about your 40th year made me realize that mine will be about my 35th year (for some reason the 5's seem "bigger" to me) which is pretty neat.

Question - did you start your weeks with whatever day the 1st of January was? I'm trying to decide if I want to do that, or start on my weeks on Sunday, leaving some days "hanging" at the beginning and end of the book.
LynnMath

Post by LynnMath »

:clap: :clap: :clap: Julie, I have to say I'm STILL in awe of your accomplishment! It was all I could think of on the way home from work yesterday (a 40-minute freeway drive!) This book is SO precious...

Those of us who watched every day as you faithfully posted each day's photo, (along with several others' too) feel we got to know you and your family (and your YARD) pretty closely... I admire so much your perseverance to go all the way and see the project through to completion. There are MANY of us who started out with good intentions, but weren't able to keep it up for the whole duration. However, seeing your finished product gives many of us fresh determination to try again.

I know I am inspired to try this year; being my 60th -- great idea to take a milestone year and make it memorable in some way. And the digital book format is just so visually stimulating! I had been on the fence trying to decide whether to go paper or digi, but yours put me over the edge! I can't wait to get started--the days go by too slowly now! LOL

(I've decided to make a blog to keep track of the photos before assembling them into layouts. The first week's photos are pretty humble; I just hope I can find more than mundane things to record! http://www.CraftingWithLynn.wordpress.com ... And I'm trying to think of something worthy of being photographed each week like you did with your yard, to see the seasonal changes. That's one big problem with my "season-less" yard in Arizona... LOL)

I hope you won't mind that I show your photos to several of my cropping friends, to inspire them to do it, too... and frankly, I really do think your book is very worthy of mention somewhere -- perhaps send them in to Becky Higgins; she said she likes to see people's layouts --you should definitely be published somewhere!!!!!

Congrats again... :happywave:
capescrapper

Post by capescrapper »

Hey Jenn, I started mine on the 1st of January and my weeks ran Thursday to Wednesday so my weekend happened to fall together on the right hand side page. My only draw back to the whole thing was that 365 days does not equally fit into this type of layout. My last day of the year which was a Thursday would have been all along on the page in my template so I decided to put it on my final page which was a thank you type page and what the project meant to me. I also did a dedication page which was the first page of my album. On both the first and last page of the book I had a picture of myself. So it is kind of neat to see how my hairstyle and looks changed a little bit from beginning to end.

If you want to check out my layouts that I have in my gallery at CS you can check them out here. http://www.clubscrapcommunity.com/main- ... mysiteinfo

Lynn, Thanks so much for that heart felt comment on my book. It really was a labor of love and I really enjoyed every minute of it. It is funny how you said you can't wait for the year to be over so you can have the finished project because really the year simply flies by doing this project! I am so happy you enjoyed the pictures and sharing in my families year. It means a lot to me! Thanks :happy94:
n8tvtexan

Post by n8tvtexan »

love love love your book! I was telling an old coworkers wife about it Friday. She said wow thats a huge commitment.