I Voted Today on Matrix Digi

bethrich

I Voted Today on Matrix Digi

Post by bethrich »

Woo-hoo. Thanks to Chris R, I found out this is my LO that made the digi rap. This was for the Election Day challenge on the new CS Community. This is Matrix with ribbon from Oh Baby. I wrote about how glad I was the nastiness was over!
2008_11_election_day.jpg
pbp908

Re: I Voted Today on Matrix Digi

Post by pbp908 »

Too bad the candidates couldn't have debated as civilly as we did on the forum.

I love your layout. And how cool that you didn't have to leave work to vote! We went in the rain and took Chris for his first vote. He was so proud - darn - wish I'd taken pics. Come to think of it, it rained four years ago when we voted. And four years before that. Hmmmm.....

Pam
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

LOL, thanks, Pam. I took a bit of poetic license. I didn't vote where I work, but rather at the library during early voting. So I was at work at the Court House on Election Day.

I remember voting in the rain in 2005 or 2006 -- the election where I voted against a certain District Attorney.

I bet Chris was proud to vote in such a momentous election. Too bad you didn't get a photo or two.
ChrisR

Post by ChrisR »

Hey, now that I see it larger, I noticed how you wrote the candidates' names in the backgound. Very clever! :greenbounce: :clap:
nancine

Post by nancine »

that is a terrific layout!
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Thanks Nancy. Thanks Chris.

You know, Chris, getting those names in the background was really a challenge. I haven't worked with text much and I kept messing it up. I wanted to go back and change the font, but was too afraid I'd lose it again. It was really a good learning experience. Next time it will be easier, I hope.
n8tvtexan

Post by n8tvtexan »

Wow! This layout is amazing! The background is so cool.
Sharonv

Post by Sharonv »

Great layout and congrats on making the Rap !!!
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Beth - this is great! I actually noticed the names in the background when I squinted real hard at the digi rap picture. I agree that was totally clever, and you did a great job with it. Thanks for listing the ribbon too. I had wondered where you got it. Was it a simple recoloring technique? I have years worth of digi raps to go through still, but I remember seeing recoloring in there somewhere.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Beth I am so impressed with your LO. Matrix was not one of my favorites and yet everytime I see it used I think of how great it looks with the right subject. You did an awesome job on your text background...very, very clever.
FARLEY in Sacramento
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Gosh, thanks, everyone.

Julie, I used the orangey ribbon from Oh Baby and then stretched it wider. Recoloring is an area where I get frustrated. I need a tutorial on that. :D
Holly

Post by Holly »

I've had to work more this week, and so missed out on some of these posts. This is another one where I am glad I get to see it even if slightly late. Beth this was so cool and I love the way you used the names in the background; it makes this a real effective way to zero in on the topic.