Beginnings of the new years "tweaks"

jfugina

Beginnings of the new years "tweaks"

Post by jfugina »

I'm "working from home" today, since Jake had a fever last night and couldn't go to day care today (really, truly honest! I've actually got too much work to do to be playing hookie!). Anyway, in-between e-mails and phone calls and system re-sets and trouble tickets, I've been working on my first new year tweak.

Last weekend, when Walgreens announced a 9c print sale, I ordered prints for almost everything I hadn't yet digi-scrapped up to date. Great gouda but I've been lazy this year! (500+ prints that haven't been scrapped) I got the photos sorted a few nights ago, and since I'm in my office/scrap room today, I started pulling ALSB layouts for the prints. WHEW! I pulled over 100 ALSB pages from my stash! Granted, several of the photos would probably have been better suited to other papers, or embellishments, or to a digi kit I have. But in the interest of using what I've already got, by george I'm going to scrap these prints on ALSB pages. I've still got a lot of stuff that I didn't print, because I specifically purchased a digi kit for it.

I'm much more creative when I'm not so far behind. So I'm looking very forward to whipping through what's left of 2009 and having a much more creative 2010. :cool5: :cool5: :cool5:
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
ChristyB

Re: Beginnings of the new years "tweaks"

Post by ChristyB »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Holly

Post by Holly »

very energic are you!
Hasmom99

Post by Hasmom99 »

WOW! That is awesome. I have not scrapped actual pages in many months. Today I am wiped out - I just took the last of DD's college application submissions and dance scholarship applications to the post office a couple of hours ago. So glad it is finished! A little TOO much drama in my house this week. DD was making a mini-scrapbook for one of her college applications where you can submit an "anything goes" supplement. She had been working on this and other final pieces to a few applications when, on Monday, her BF of several months broke up with her. This was her first BF - anyone remember this from high school? Very emotional over here. Uh, couldn't he have waited 4 more days until she was finished with her applications???? Though as she was just leaving for a friend's house, she told me that he texted her that he is knee-deep in finishing his college apps (most have deadlines of 1/1). Okay, I have completely digressed but now that I have a few hours to myself to do some crafting, I am too mentally fried to do anything. I guess I needed to vent!

P.S. Julie - DD's WUSTL app has been finished for awhile. 8-)
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I hope you get some time every day to get those photos on pages!
Pam Cook #48
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Hasmom99 wrote:
P.S. Julie - DD's WUSTL app has been finished for awhile. 8-)
Heh. I wish I could tell you I had any influence there, but it's been 5 years at least since I've worked with the undergraduate admissions office. Honestly, I probably didn't have any pull when I *was* working with them. Hehe.

Vent away, and best of luck to your DD with her applications! I can't believe how much goes into the admissions process now. I remember filling out one application total. No extra stuff. The school sent the transcripts, and that was that. I guess that actually was a pretty long time ago. :?
Julie Fugina
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

pamcook wrote:I hope you get some time every day to get those photos on pages!
Every day? I doubt it. But it's a goal, certainly. I just got Jake's birthday done (very out-of-sequence for me, since his birthday was just in November and I've got stuff from February in the pile :shock: ). But I have to say, I'm already so glad that I did things this way.

I had both the Sr. and Jr. versions of Cruisin completely ALSB'd, and could never figure out what in the world I'd use it for. But Jake mostly got cars, trucks, and anything with wheels for his birthday. The colors couldn't be more wrong for the photos, but the cruisin' theme seemed like it might work. And now that I've done 6 pages, I'm very happy with that choice.

I think it was Christy who quoted Tim Gunn and said "Make it work!". And this round of scrapping is going to be all about making it work, and getting in done.
Julie Fugina
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Great way to start Julie! The past couple of days I have been working on scrap pages from Christmas for our granddaughter and have completed 6 pages EXCEPT for the journaling. That is between taking down Christmas stuff - 3 trees down and packed 2 left to go and they will be completed tomorrow. I really need to get it all away so I can clean. the floors are a mess - coffee spilled that had chocolate in it and even though cleaned up it is still not clean. All the company is gone, I went to Weight Watchers yesterday and even lost .4 pound Christmas Week. I am really not trying to loose any more since I am now5 pounds under but it is good to have a cushion. :hijack: Sorry, didn't mean to go on forever
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Hasmom99

Post by Hasmom99 »

Julie,
You are right about college admissions. The Wash U app was not one of the overwhelming ones. Several have their own essays in addition to the required common app essay - a few schools required 3 additional essays! That is a lot of writing for a high school kid and not all could be used for the various applications. Fortunately, DD has an acceptance already to our state university - not really where she wants to end up but she at least has the peace of mind that she is going to college! LOL. We know Wash U. is very competitive - it is one of her "reach" schools for that reason - so we will just wait and see. I cannot believe how much these kids have to do to apply to a lot of these colleges! Anyway, I am looking forward to focusing more on crafting in my non-work time instead of supporting her! She is out at a friend's now for New Year's Eve and staying over so she won't be back until tomorrow. She definitely needs some down time.
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Julie, it sounds like you're really working it out.

I went through a stack about 4 inches high and put away some pages that were finished and some empty ALSB pages. I kept out two ALSB pages for BOM and figured out what to do for Marianne's challenge. So I'm getting back into paper, too.
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

WTG Cheryl! I don't even want to think about how much damage I did to my figure over the holidays. LOL. It's great that you've found a program that works so well for you. Keep up the great work in the new year!
Julie Fugina
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I actually ALSBed 4 kits this week. For me, that's a lot. Today I took down and packed up Christmas decorations. Two boxes of TH stuff came and I'm itching to play. Unfortunately, after packing up and moving things around my back hurts too bad to even try. BUT! Tomorrow's another day and right now there's a Twilight Zone marathon on.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Hasmom99

Post by Hasmom99 »

Okay, you've all inspired me to try and get some kits ALSB'd tomorrow while the family is watching the Mummer's Parade and several football games.