Los Tres Reyes Magos (The Three Kings)

Yoli

Los Tres Reyes Magos (The Three Kings)

Post by Yoli »

Our family celebrates El Dia de los Reyes Magos (The Day of the Epiphany) every year on Jan 6th. I just finished this LO of that celebration back in 2007. My son looks so young in these photos. Diego will turn 6 yrs old in Jan.

Supplies: paper from BG, stamps from SU, die cuts from LSS & other misc items from my stash. TFL!
Attachments
DSC_0002.JPG
DSC_0002.JPG (49.88 KiB) Viewed 273 times
DSC_0003 (2).JPG
DSC_0003 (2).JPG (35.88 KiB) Viewed 273 times
DSC_0005.JPG
DSC_0005.JPG (46.21 KiB) Viewed 273 times
pbp908

Re: Los Tres Reyes Magos (The Three Kings)

Post by pbp908 »

A wonderful tradition. Most of us forget that a lot of the story that we incorporate into Christmas celebrations actually took place after the birth of Jesus, such as the gifts of the Magi.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
jdrhope

Post by jdrhope »

I love that you celebrate this day! Great layout and the crown is wonderful, I would love to have a few of those in my stash.
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

great layout Yoli

(6 in January???? What a big boy he is becoming)
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

We (DGD and I) watched Dora's show about Three Kings Day at least 1000 times last winter. I tried so hard to get her to watch anything else but she always chose, "THREE KINGS!"
I love that you celebrate it!
Pam Cook #48
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

That's a gorgeous LO, Yoli.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Wonderful page! I normally keep all my Christmas things around until the 6th but can't this year.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Yoli

Post by Yoli »

In Puerto Rico, actually most of Latin America and Spain, the Day of the Kings is the big celebration during the Christmas holiday. Santa is still treasured in most of these countries but its the arrival of the Magi that is much anticipated.

Before going to bed on Jan 5th children gather fresh grass in a shoe box and place it underneath their beds. The grass is food for the camels after such a long journey. :-) The next morning the children find the gifts underneath their beds.

A couple of years we've had to dig through snow to get to the grass but it was worth it. :-)