I did it and my wallet hurts

bethrich

I did it and my wallet hurts

Post by bethrich »

I succumbed to temptation and bought a Gypsy today. I have all my cartridges loaded and learned how to use it, but have not actually cut anything yet. I got so frustrated with the 6 inch limitation on my Cricut. I'm thrilled that the Gypsy will let me rotate and position the images and work around the size limits better. Now I just need to remember what irked me on size last time I used it. :D
Holly

Re: I did it and my wallet hurts

Post by Holly »

Beth-you surprise me! I thought you were only digital now. :lol:
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

Holly wrote:Beth-you surprise me! I thought you were only digital now. :lol:
but she's just gotta have it all :lol: :lol: :lol:
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

yes I like my gypsy too but if you don't have the 12 wide cricut it won't cut any larger that 5 in.
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
Hasmom99

Post by Hasmom99 »

I had the original Cricut and found it limiting once the Expression came out. Two years ago, on Black Friday, I got an awesome deal on the Expression. I kept my small one for awhile - the kids use it for school projects, but I was able to sell it to someone at work earlier this year. It worked out well. If you want to upgrade, start looking at Black Friday ads for the craft stores. I got my Expression at AC Moore. I bought the Design Studio a few years ago and have never loaded it! I know it is out of date and that I'd need to update the firmware if I load it. Now that I have a laptop (so I could take it upstairs to where my Expression is), I am thinking of loading it. I like the current ease of the cricut and am not sure I have the time to learn Design Studio or the Gypsy. Maybe some day . . . Anyway, enjoy the Gypsy and let us know how it works for you.
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

have fun!
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I don't know anything about the Gypsy - I know they are always coming out with new stuff we have to have. Beth congratulations on your buy!
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Paula

Post by Paula »

Just pretend it is a flash drive and photo shop all rolled into one :lol: It is really cool :cool5:
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Holly, I still have quite a large stash of paper to use up and I do love to fondle my paper!

Jill, I managed to get a bit over 5 inches today. And with the Gypsy I can rotate an image to end up with a larger version. That was one of my frustrations that I could have had a larger cut if the stupid thing would just turn it sideways.

I'm still learning, but I cut some low quality card stock today just to play with it. I'm happy so far!
gwendols

Post by gwendols »

I've had mine about a month now and I really like it. I love that I have all my carts in one place and that it's so easy to mix and match the elements. I never had the design studio so this is all new to me.
Gwen Godfrey
#6 in the order of PAO
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

Good Beth I got so frustrated I went and bought the expressions with the markers too. I haven't tried them yet.
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois