a rather funny (true) story....

Ruth Ann Landry

a rather funny (true) story....

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

I went "junking" again with my friend today....one shop had a lot of ephemera stuff and I was really picking through finding cool old tins at a reasonable price, old photos I liked, a planet guide for 1800-1895, and a small song book of "community songs' (nicely aged w ith lots of music notes and words.).....The song book had a price on it of $6, but i knew i'd never pay that much for it..the lady said: "you're getting so many things, I'll give it to you for a dollar" I said "sold" and made a comment about how nicely aged it was and that I would be cutting it up to use in artwork.....WELL! she looked panicked...like a deer in headlights and said "you don't want to do that...look at it...it's in perfect shape". I told her I wasn't buying it to look at...and if I couldn't cut it up, I didn't want it....of course, she sold it to me for a dollar, but she sure was distressed about it! I told her....."YOu should see what I'll do to these pictures!" I laughed all the way to the car.
pugmom

Re: a rather funny (true) story....

Post by pugmom »

I love it! I bought a bunch of clearance jewelery at Kohl's the other day. Brought it home, took it apart and now I have fun things to use on altered art.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
alisonandboys

Post by alisonandboys »

LMAO... I can just imagine the look on her face...I have seen it before!
scrappin nurse

Post by scrappin nurse »

I'm looking foward to seeing what you do with it! Funny story!
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

alisonandboys wrote:LMAO... I can just imagine the look on her face...I have seen it before!

my thoughts too.

Kind of like the first time I ripped apart a book in front of my Librarian Mother to alter it.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I brought home a vintage Christmas Music pamphlet and stashed it away - I couldn't bear to start taking it apart.
DD said, "Um - Mom, you have a scanner..."
Duh.
I do tear apart stuff without thinking twice though. Have fun Ruth Ann!
Pam Cook #48
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Sounds like so very much fun Ruth Ann! I look forward to seeing all the goodies.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

What a great trip to the flea market today. Found a magazine -the guy tried to tell me it was original (1902) but he only wanted $3 for it. DH agrees its a reprint - it will make some cool projects. Also found a booklet (vintage) with quotes about music - several hundred quotes. Bought chandelier crystals and test tubes and little vintage bottles and all kinds of cool stuff!
Thought about you while I was shopping Ruth Ann!
Pam Cook #48