Digital Artist Magazine

LadyJaine

Digital Artist Magazine

Post by LadyJaine »

I found out about this one recently. The word is that when it does show up, it is excellent, but it is often late. So folks don't subscribe, but just get it when they see it. I'm downloading August of '09 right now. It's supposed to have links to lots and lots of free stuff, including a Lorie Davison kit that won't be available for sale until September. I'm heading to a crop this evening and will have some time to look it over.

Oops! A link would help, wouldn't it? Digital Artist Magazine
LadyJaine

Re: Digital Artist Magazine

Post by LadyJaine »

OK, here's my feedback...

The magazine is only worth it if you don't consider it a magazine, but instead a collection of coupons and links to free mini-kits. There aren't enough articles to make it worthwhile. You can find designer interviews free on blogs like The Daily Digi and if you aren't the Featured Scrapper it's just another nice gallery. The tutorial on reflections spent more time on doing an extraction using the lasso tool than on how to create and control a reflection.

Would I get this e-zine again? No. Was it a complete waste of money? No, but it wasn't anything I want to pay to have more of.

If you are looking for a much more impressive tutorial on reflections try this one. While this was written for PSP, you can figure out what you need to know for many other applications. And the graphics are excellent!