Housekeeping announcement

Notes to and from the paowers that be
admin
Site Admin

Housekeeping announcement

Post by admin »

Greetings PAOists! I received a notice from our hosting site that the server that our site lives on will be receiving various upgrades in the next 72 hours. The e-mail indicates that most users should not notice any impact, and the list of services directly being impacted are not features that we use.

That said, they also recommended that all of the services we *do* use be updated to the most recent version immediately. There are three separate things that the PAO site uses, and those are the forum, the homepage, and the gallery. All three of these features have upgrades available. I doubt I will be able to get everything upgraded in the next 72 hours though. I will start with the homepage, since most users don't log in there. I will do the gallery next. The wost case with the gallery will be that the automatic login to the gallery will be broken. But it will still be visible until I can get the link re-established. The forum upgrade will be last, and it will be done with plenty of advance notice, so as to minimize disruption.

At any rate, if you notice anything being down, or not working properly in the next 72 hours, feel free to e-mail me at admin@paperartistsonline.com. But chances are, the hosts are just working through something and everything will be available shortly. I just wanted to give everyone advance notice, just in case.

I apologize in advance for any downtime (hopefully we won't have any) or any other inconvenience.
Admin
#1 in the order of the PAO
pbp908

Re: Housekeeping announcement

Post by pbp908 »

Thank you, Admin!
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Update: The homepage and the gallery are both currently up-to-date. The only issue I noticed was that when I upgraded the gallery, it took away our own logo image and replaced it with the default. So I'll need to get that corrected again. But that was the only issue that I happened to notice. Let me know if anyone has any difficulty related to either the homepage or the gallery. This forum has not yet been touched.
Admin
#1 in the order of the PAO
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Does that mean we're virgin? :tomato:
Pam P.

jfugina

Post by jfugina »

:lol:
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Biggest thing that I've seen, and it may always have been this way, is that I can't find a way to get to the forum from the gallery. Maybe I'm overlooking something? That's entirely possible because I'm exhausted. Monday's are killers!
Pam P.

jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I think that was one of the things that used to be there before the update, and got switched out with the logo picture.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO