Lamps

ErinLovesRats

Lamps

Post by ErinLovesRats »

I bought a couple lamps to alter. They are plain ones the scrapbook store was selling. They had an example one with patterned paper on the shade. How do you do that, though? Book binding glue? And how do you arrange the paper pieces so they don't look bad since they'll be curved? Also, how do you glue the fiber on the bottom?
bethrich

Re: Lamps

Post by bethrich »

Erin, I got a couple of nightlights with lampshades from CS. There was a peel-off layer on the shade that was to be used as a pattern. Hopefully you have that kind of lampshade.
ErinLovesRats

Re: Lamps

Post by ErinLovesRats »

No, these have nothing that peels off. I asked at the store yesterday, though, and we figured it out. If you turn the paper at an angle, it'll go on perfectly with a strong glue (like the book binding glue they said). The only problem is I don't know if the summer camp or great outdoors paper can be turned at an angle and still look good. It also takes two sheets so I don't want it looking funny. And I really wanted to use that CS paper. Other companies have camping paper that looks too cutesy to be used in home decor. They are decent sized lamps, though, and I got them for cheap so something has to work. Jonathan is saying I should have just gotten the $39 pine cone lamp pair at Cabela's if I wanted to decorate in outdoors style lol.