How do I change my password?

Notes to and from the paowers that be
coolboxuk

How do I change my password?

Post by coolboxuk »

Every few days, it seems it's necessary in this website to sign in again, even if you have ticked "remember me" box. Every time I have to request a new password because they are too complicated to remember. On other forums, I have always found somewhere to change the password to something I can remember - in fact I have the same password for all crafts forums except this one. I cannot find anywhere to change it - is there???
Ruth Ann Landry

Re: How do I change my password?

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

visit the login page and click "I've forgotten my password" and follow those directions....I got that from the FAQ
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

That same thing happens to me too Petra. Everytime I am away from the board for more than a few hours I have to Login again. Never have figured it out, but I do remember my password since I type it in so frequently. I have done all the suggestions from everyone and nothing has helped. Another glitch I have is viewing a thread with more than one page, it always tell me there is just one page, which I know is not true. Never have figured that one out either. And makes it really tough to go back for instructions or directions cause it says there is only one page.
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Now I can't answer the remember me because I never use it...

Debbie, what browser are you using? That's a wierd problem!
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Debbie, your problem might be the display options in the user control panel. I use Firefox and this is how my display options are set in the UCP ...
user_display_options.jpg
user_display_options.jpg (115.63 KiB) Viewed 255 times
HTH
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Thanks Beth, I will check my display options and match them to yours and see if it helps. I use IE 6 (I know.....way behind the times, but I am too scared to update with all the problems I have heard). I have heard lots of good things about Firefox, maybe I will give it a try. Thanks for your help Beth.
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I'm using Safari and having no problems unless I get clean up crazy and erase all passwords from memory. Safari is a free browser from Mac but there's also a Windows version.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Debbie, there is not a darn thing wrong with IE 6. I'm still at that level both at home and at work. I'm guessing it is either settings or cookies that are your issue.
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Beth, I fixed my display options to match yours and I am pretty sure it fixed by problem with the multiple pages. At least right now I can click on a thread with more than 1 page and I DO have access to all the pages!! Whoopee--now I will have to wait a few hours to see about the login problem. Thanks for the help.
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Glad that worked!