What scissors

Save some $ Find out what works
Stampo

Re: What scissors

Post by Stampo »

I love the Tim Holtz scissors for cutting cushion since nothing sticks to them but I prefer my kais which are sharpened to seven times sharper than when they come from the manufacturer for trimming rubber on the cushion... I think I'm getting arthritis from all the cutting i do though... I definitely have many callouses I have to cover with cushion to keep the pain manageable.
Attachments
leavehome.jpg
leavehome.jpg (15.63 KiB) Viewed 121 times
Monica

Post by Monica »

My all-purpose use-them-for-everything scissors are the Fiskars red-handled lefty sewing scissors I bought with my babysitting money when I was a teenager. I have a little handheld Fiskars sharpener I use with them, and those scissors have never let me down, no matter how big or small the job! I have a pair of Fiskars soft-grip scissors I use for sewing now, but my trusty red-handled pair are always front and center on my craft table in the tool turnaround caddy.

DH went to use my red pair once and almost lost his life!! Don't mess with my scissors! :angry42: (He asks now... which pair can't I touch? lolz!)

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Jenni Benni

Post by Jenni Benni »

I use the yellow CutterBee scissors. Love them.
Jenni Benni
Mom to 3 sweet little boys.
Holly

Post by Holly »

Cutterbees and small cushioned squeeze Fiskars. I have at least 12 pair of scissors on my desk. Since they always seem to get lost in amongst the clutter. 1 large Fiskars sewing pair for zig zag cutting ( what do you call that?) 3 pair of Fiskars that are strong for cutting wire, plastic, or heavy duty cardboard; 2 pair Fiskars for nice smooth cutting; 2 pair large cushioned squeeze grip Fiskars for any kind of cutting; 2 small pair of the aforementioned squeeze Fiskars for detail; and 2 pair of the cutterbees.
You can see that I really need all of these, since I am usually looking for scissors when doing any project, as the last ones I used seem to be hiding on me. :happy114: They don't like to be overworked. :lol: