Problem in Live Chat

Notes to and from the paowers that be
azemigh

Problem in Live Chat

Post by azemigh »

I was just in chatting with Lady Jaine and got kicked out. I've tried logging out and back in, but it doesn't recognize me. Is there something special I need to do?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Problem in Live Chat

Post by admin »

Rachelle - I'm sorry I didn't stumble on this until just now. Have you managed to get back into the chat since then? It sounds like the same kind of issue that some folks were having during the paper bead class - which was a problem I never quite solved.

The only things that come to mind are that your session may have timed out on the forum, but that shouldn't happen if you do the "remember me" thing. The other thought is that when this happens, I think Ruth Ann had some success logging completely out of the forum, and then logging in again and going back to the chat.

Browsers do funny things sometimes, and my recommendation to everyone is, when all else fails, clear out your browser's cache and files, and just try again.

Send me a PM if you haven't been able to get to the chat since last week, and I'll do some research.
Admin
#1 in the order of the PAO
Ruth Ann Landry

Re: Problem in Live Chat

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

I'm thinking you'll have to wait until you are automatically timed out in the room...if you got booted, you're still signed in and it won't let you sign in again until you are timed out....wait about 10 minutes and see if you get in.