AI/Stamping Question

New tricks to amaze your friends
bethrich

AI/Stamping Question

Post by bethrich »

As you NC gals know, I am a novice with AI and my project is busting my behind! I need some advice. I'm leaving home shortly to go to Jenny Craig, which shares a parking lot with Michael's. So I'm hoping for some good advice before I head out.

I know y'all have the answers!

I'm trying to do my metal Palm Pilot case. It's just plain boring. But it is not a flat surface. Every time I stamp over the AI, the impression doesn't come out right, so I end up cleaning it all off and starting totally over. I could scream! :censor:

Is it possible to seal the AI layer with the DecoArt DuraClear Varnish and then stamp over that? Could I remove the image with Staz-On cleaner or something like that without damaging the varnish? If so, what ink would you use and what cleaner? Or other ideas?

TIA
Monica

Re: AI/Stamping Question

Post by Monica »

Gee Beth... I wish I had a good "solve your problem" answer for you. I suggest looking at Tim's blog and his information about AI. Sorry I'm not more help! Maybe Neith is on and can give you a better answer... she's a Ranger DT member. (and don't I wish I had that job!)

Moncia
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
ClareH

Post by ClareH »

just a thought, after doing your background, you could stamp on tissue paper and tear the edges and decopage that on...but I'm not sure what kind of stamped image you are going for - if you're going for a real collagey type of background, this might work - especially if you wrinkle the tissue slightly.
whatever you do, post the pics! we'd love to see what you come up with
Maritza

Post by Maritza »

Beth

I am with Clare

the first thing that came to mind is decoupage

what ever you do, please post pictures of before and after
neith

Post by neith »

The problem is that you need solvent ink in order to stamp on the case, but that will also interact with and remove the alcohol ink. What about stamping with waterproof indoor/outdoor acrylic paint? Or, instead of an initial coating of alcohol ink, use the Ranger Posh Metallic Inkabilities. That stuff really stays on great and requires lots of elbow grease and cleansers to remove
Monica

Post by Monica »

What did I tell you? Neith knows!!

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Maritza

Post by Maritza »

Nieth

rocks
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

Neith is a goddess
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Well all, I asked too late and missed the answer. Now I'm a week away from my next trip to Michaels. :cry:

I think I have a solution. Rub-ons. BUT ... will the varnish work over them to seal it all in? The ones I found are sort of glittery, not totally flat, so I'm thinking the varnish might be a problem. I'm experimenting on another item, so I'll try while I await Neith's wisdom.

BTW, these rub-ons were in the kids area where I went to find a spin art machine, thanks to you enablers!! :D
Maritza

Post by Maritza »

Beth
what ever you do

please post pictures and have fun