My Chris is going to....

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
paddlegal

Re: My Chris is going to....

Post by paddlegal »

Pam I love hearing how proud you are of him. That is so exciting and what a wonderful experience it will be for him. You better make sure he has a good camera with him.
FARLEY in Sacramento
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

Oh, WOW, what a wonderful
once in a lifetime experience he's
getting to be part of, give him
our congratulations and a "Well done"
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I've found out a little bit more about the trip - he's supposed to bring the details home this weekend. The primary purpose of the trip is to sing at a college graduation (not sure which school). Their first stop is Beijing. Then they travel to 6 different provinces singing at various other schools. They leave the middle of June and will be gone for two weeks.

Now the part Chris doesn't know (and they don't want him to know). Dr. Wright told DH that he had given Chris a piece to sing for his audition, and he could tell that he had worked on it prior to going in. He was then given a piece that he'd never seen and was told to sight read it. Dr. W said that in all of his 13 years of doing this that Chris was the first student he's ever had that read the music perfectly. I knew his reading was good, but didn't know it was that good.

As for the pictures - we're sending him off with one of the Nikons, so he'd better have several cards worth when he gets home. Momma needs to scrap his trip. LOL.

Thank you all for your good wishes. I'll pass them along to him.

Pam
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Maree

Post by Maree »

What a fantastic experience for him. :cool5:
bethrich

Post by bethrich »

Pam, Congratulations to Chris and the rest of you. That's so exciting!
:rock:
Dani Larcom

Post by Dani Larcom »

Fabulous! Congrats!
Cathy

Post by Cathy »

Fabulous! And if he is HALF the picture taker you are - you have nothing to worry about!
cATHY:)
Paula

Post by Paula »

This sounds like such a wonderful experience :clap: :clap: One that he should remember his entire life, how great that he can go :happywave:

Paula
julierealtor

Post by julierealtor »

so very awesome....
Kellacious

Post by Kellacious »

pbp908 wrote:He was then given a piece that he'd never seen and was told to sight read it. Dr. W said that in all of his 13 years of doing this that Chris was the first student he's ever had that read the music perfectly. I knew his reading was good, but didn't know it was that good. Pam
So Pam,

After his China tour, when will Chris be auditioning for American Idol? HMM?

Congratulations to him! Must be that excellent upbringing he had.

Kelli
ErinLovesRats

Post by ErinLovesRats »

Congrats to him! That must be so exciting.
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Actually, we've been joking with him that he needs to audition for AI. LOL. He can't decide if he wants to sing country or be the next Frank Sinatra - evidently some people are telling him that's who he sounds like. He's thinking about doing it strictly as a joke.

Cathy - When he played in the Tangerine Bowl his soph year in HS, I gave him a camera and told him to take pictures. He took a camera to both summers at Cannon. Took a camera to the National USSBA in Penn., and on the trip to Orlando this fall for whatever bowl game they played at. No pictures from any of those trips. He always has one with him - he just leaves it in his bag and never touches it again until I ask him about pictures. Arggghh.

Pam
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Pam you must tell him his ability to live a long and prosperous life depends on the pictures he takes on this trip :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Paula

Post by Paula »

troublesmom wrote:Pam you must tell him his ability to live a long and prosperous life depends on the pictures he takes on this trip :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheryl, now that sounds like something that I would say :clap: :clap:

Paula