checking accounts

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
Kellacious

Re: checking accounts

Post by Kellacious »

We have separate accounts and divide up the bills (I cover groceries and my car gas and other family 'incidentals'). He's got the major bills (mortgage, utilities).

All 3 cars/1 motorcycle are paid off, so no monthly payments other than those above and car/bike insurance.

I am finding that I'm trying to pay less with credit card and more with debit/cash. I hate to think Visa and Mastercard are getting a percentage from the retailer on what I buy and it cuts into a usually already thin profit margin. I figure if I do my best to save them money from fees, they can offer better prices and not have to figure the fee into the pricing. Oh, and we pay off our cards every month, thanks to DH's monetary acuity (NOT mine, sadly).

Kelli
Lynn K

Post by Lynn K »

We do a joint account. I pay everything and we joke about "hope I never die, he will be lost" We also pay everything with a cc to protect our debit card. I really don't want that account info stolen and then have our account locked until they figure it out!! We pay off that credit card every month and I am enjoying adding up the "points" for free stuff that it gives us. I no longer balance our check book since we use CC for everything and just have the bills coming straight out of the account. Which saves my about 5 hours/ month. (thank God, I hated doing that!)
Maree

Post by Maree »

We came together with separate accounts because of work DD wages into them, and we have kept it that way. He pays the house loan and telephone/payTV/ internet (all on one bill) and rego/insurance and upkeep on one car (I do the other)....I pay for everything else....electricity, rates, groceries, house insurance, school stuff, the other car