QOTD: On this date, in 1888...

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
donnak

Re: QOTD: On this date, in 1888...

Post by donnak »

As for me, I think the trip of a lifetime would be to travel to the northern island of Japan, Hokkaido and visit the places where my mother and her family grew up. I want to learn about the Ainu culture and absorb as much as I can.
Jenni Benni

Post by Jenni Benni »

Isreal. That is a land so rich in culture and history.
Jenni Benni
Mom to 3 sweet little boys.
Cyndy

Post by Cyndy »

Tough question - so hard to choose. My knee-jerk response was Africa, but Israel and Australia are right up there. But, Donna, your friends plan to visit all of the US has a definite appeal too.
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Great Britain! That umbrella gives me Ireland, Wales, England and Scotland. I'd love to go in early spring and stay until autumn.

Pam
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
southernpeach35

Post by southernpeach35 »

Sicily, hands down. My father's ancestors are from there.
Ruth Ann

Post by Ruth Ann »

flojo wrote:I want to tour the United States. I want to see all the attractions like the shoe tree (don't remember where) I saw on TV and all the local attractions in each state. I want to take a US map and put those little pins in every place I visit. I don't want to be on a budget either. :lol:
There are probably lots of places with a shoe tree. There is one between here and Reno. I can't imagine that it is the only one in the US. However you are welcome to come visit northeastern California.

Ruth Ann
Ruth Ann

Post by Ruth Ann »

Now, where would I like to visit? That's a difficult choice! If I had to limit it to one, I've have to choose Scandanavia, but I'd really like to visit Great Britain (in it's entirety!) with a lengthy side trip to Scandanavia. My grandmother was born in Denmark and I'd like to visit there. I also have ancestors from Norway and Scotland. I guess I'd like to retrace my roots.

Ruth Ann
Ruth Ann

Post by Ruth Ann »

Now, where would I like to visit? That's a difficult choice! If I had to limit it to one, I've have to choose Scandanavia, but I'd really like to visit Great Britain (in it's entirety!) with a lengthy side trip to Scandanavia. My grandmother was born in Denmark and I'd like to visit there. I also have ancestors from Norway and Scotland. I guess I'd like to retrace my roots.

Ruth Ann
Ruth Ann

Post by Ruth Ann »

I don't know how that happened. I guess the universe realized I need help getting my post count up.

Ruth Ann
flojo

Post by flojo »

Ruth Ann, I just found out that there are several shoe trees in the US. Guess I will just have to pick one. I saw it on a show one time and thought it was so cool. I also saw where somewhere in the US is a ground where it is very much like Stonehenge. I want to go there too.
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Scotland--to visit Jamie and Clare
Monica

Post by Monica »

flojo wrote:Ruth Ann, I just found out that there are several shoe trees in the US. Guess I will just have to pick one. I saw it on a show one time and thought it was so cool. I also saw where somewhere in the US is a ground where it is very much like Stonehenge. I want to go there too.
That's in Washington, just down the road from me!! :greenbounce: Come visit and I'll take you there! :greenbounce: The guy who built it dedicated it as a war memorial, and it's pretty cool to walk around and look at it all. I have a really crappy layout of it somewhere... if I can find it I'll post it.

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Monica

Post by Monica »

Just looked to see if I had a digital picture I could post, and that layout/trip was the year before I bought my first digital camera.... hmmm.... where did I put that layout?

Monica
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin