Take this job...

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
julierealtor

Re: Take this job...

Post by julierealtor »

I'm sure you'll be snapped up in no time Chris...and in a position you enjoy.
cnedaria

Post by cnedaria »

Congrats on taking care of yourself and making a stand. I hope something wonderful falls in your lap soon!
rettaescape

Post by rettaescape »

Chris you are very talented. I am praying you find the job you need. Usually when one door closes another opens. Hugs...
Hasmom99

Post by Hasmom99 »

Chris,
I respect you for standing up for yourself. I hope you find a new position soon that is more suited to your talents. Good luck.
Paula

Post by Paula »

Chris, Hoping you find your dream job soon! I admire you for doing what is right for yourself. It takes a person with a strong core to be able to do what you have done, and Kudo's to you :cool5: :cool5: I am also a firm believer in just rewards. All things work out for the better. Is your position a union one? They might have to honor your notice, and pay you for the 3 weeks if they are. (even if you don't work. I had to let a salaried person give his 2 weeks notice, non union position, and I chose to let him go immediately, and the company paid him for his entire 2 weeks. Worth checking into!)

Paula
Maritza

Post by Maritza »

ChrisR wrote:and well you know the rest of the line. I work as a part time pharmacist for a grocery store chain. We recently have been given new software that is crappola. It is slow and cumbersome. On top of that, the hours for my support staff has been drastically reduced. I went from an average 20 minute wait to 2 hours (sometimes longer). Friday night I had to stay over an hour past closing just to get caught up. I couldn't take it anymore. I called my supervisor and gave notice. I am terrified that I am going to make a mistake that can injure some one under these poor working conditions. I couldn't live with myself if that happened. She wants to have a meeting to discuss the situation, and maybe convince me not to leave. I'm not holding my breath. Oh, yeah, we also just got an email that we aren't getting any pay raise this year either. I don't any BS about the ecomony being bad. The sales for our division are up 4.2%. What I do believe is that they are trying to pay for the massive cost over runs that the new crappola software costs. The budget for the entire process was 50 million. Only 40 out of 700 stores have been switched and has already cost over 75 million. I don't have another job lined up, but I am hopeful to find one (non-retail) in a couple of months.

Chris,

Pharmacists have no problems... have you thought about infusion business?

Infusion companies are always looking for part-time pharmacist
ChrisR

Post by ChrisR »

I am willing to learn infusion work. I am just not all that familiar who is in the area yet. I am going to call a Pharmacist placement agency tomorrow. I have submitted my resume online to a couple of more places this weekend. Luckily, pharmacists iare a high demand profession right now.
Maritza

Post by Maritza »

ChrisR wrote:I am willing to learn infusion work. I am just not all that familiar who is in the area yet. I am going to call a Pharmacist placement agency tomorrow. I have submitted my resume online to a couple of more places this weekend. Luckily, pharmacists iare a high demand profession right now.
I have contacts in south Florida and they can help you.. I will make some calls
ChrisR

Post by ChrisR »

Wow, I really appreciate that, Maritza!
Maritza

Post by Maritza »

my contact has been out of the office on medical leave.. should have some info soon for you
ChrisR

Post by ChrisR »

Thanks for thinking of me. I called a placement agency on Monday. If I were willing to go full time, she would have been able to line up some interviews. Still very hopeful though.
Maree

Post by Maree »

All the best Chris :happy94:
scrappin nurse

Post by scrappin nurse »

Good luck on finding a new job Chris!!!
Laurie

Post by Laurie »

ChrisR wrote:Quick update. Well, my supervisor originally wanted to talk me into staying. However, when her supervisor realized that I was not happy about the new crappy system, he told her to not talk me into staying AND to not honor my 3 week notice. A small part of me has a wounded ego. After all, I was with them for over 10 years. But apparently, no trainer is allowed to say anything negative about the VP's new toy. The MAJORITY of me is thrilled that I don't have to work there on Monday, which I was dreading immensely.

I have been uploading/emailing my resume like crazy this past week. Hopefully, I will get a nibble soon. I really don't want to work retail any more. That would be a really easy job to secure, but I am tired of it. I am hoping to find something in a hospital or nursing home.
Chris,
I haven't finished reading the thread yet, but our hospital in NC are begging for Pharmaist. We have a couple of travelers hired, until we can find permenant ones.
Laurie Bennett #118 on POA
North Carolina