Help with Bead making, Please

New tricks to amaze your friends
Holly

Help with Bead making, Please

Post by Holly »

Was there a place I could go to actually watch someone make the beads for tonite. I wanted to have a few ready.
Luanne

Re: Help with Bead making, Please

Post by Luanne »

we will be doing that the first 15 minutes of class, just gather your supplies.
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

Holly, it's really easy...cut strips of paper about 1 in x 3 in...I then take the paper and run my shopstick under it much like curling ribbon to train it to curl...then wind tightly around the chopstick...add a drop of BB glue to the end...twirl around chopstick a few ties to seal,...then slide off.
Holly

Post by Holly »

OK Thanks Luanne and thank you Ruth Ann.
flojo

Post by flojo »

Are you saying that you roll it up on a chopstick and then move it to a skewer to tighten it? I don't have wooden skewers, mine are the metal ones.
Ruth Ann Landry

Post by Ruth Ann Landry »

I'm just using the chopstick, myself, as it leaves a slightly larger hole to thread a chain or ball and chain through...I used both, but personally, I prefer the slightly larger holed ones.

Edited: sorry, i see i used the words chopstick and skewer...i re-edited that post.
troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Oh I hope I have time to work on a few. The son and grandson are not coming this weekend he gave us the wrong date. Hope I can make the class tonight.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

Ladies, I will go over this tonight. Please don't worry. You will see me roll about 7 of them, so please just hang tight.
ChristyB

Post by ChristyB »

Luanne wrote:Ladies, I will go over this tonight. Please don't worry. You will see me roll about 7 of them, so please just hang tight.
C'mon Luanne
Patience is NOT our virtue ;)
Luanne

Post by Luanne »

well, I"m glad you're talking to each other, 'cause I can't get the videos to uplooad! ahhhhhhh