Milestones Books With Rainbow Sponge Ink Techs by Neith Juch

New tricks to amaze your friends
neith

Milestones Books With Rainbow Sponge Ink Techs by Neith Juch

Post by neith »

To create these papers, we're going to use Ranger's Posh Impressions Rainbow Sponge Inks, but ditch the sponges! Instead we'll be monoprinting with a combination of the Rainbow Inks and the Perfect Ink Refresher and then using a brayer with the Rainbow Inks and water from a Mini Mister, we'll imitate the technique from Tag 11 of Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of Christmas 2008 but use the Rainbow Inks instead of Distress Ink Pads!

All of the juicy details, plus some step-by-step photos, can be found as a tutorial in the Ranger Ink Link Yahoo Group's files as a Guest Inkling for today! If you haven't joined yet, it's a great little group with tons of great designers, store owners, and crafters of all levels... plus tons of Ranger "experts" (including their signature artists) to help inspire you and answer any questions! Each month, I host a new challenge, sponsored by Ranger, with three random winners who get sent some awesome loot direct from Ranger! Every group member is welcome to play along and the challenges vary from product or technique to theme based challenges! And, every week, there is a new Inkling chock full of directions to create a new project or technique!

Supplies Used
  • Ranger: Posh Impressions Rainbow Sponge Ink Earthones in Eggplant & Butterscotch plus French Country in Kiwi; Perfect Ink Refresher; Non Stick Craft Mat; Brayer; Mini Mister; Adirondack Alcohol Inks in Denim, Eggplant, Lettuce, and Pearl; Ink Applicator Tool; Perfect Medium; Gold Embossing Powder; Heat Tool; Adirondack Dye Ink Pad in Eggplant;
  • Club Scrap: Milestones 12/08 Create Milsetones CSt UM Stamps, B&B UM Stamps, Digi Green Tea Print, and Boysenberry, Earl Grey, Green Tea, & Soft White Plain Cardstock;
  • Bind It All: 1/2" Black;
  • Glossy Paper;
  • Manila Tag;
  • Craft Iron;
  • Gloves (These are optional, but if you don't use them you will have TONS of ink all over your hands and deeply embedded in your fingernails.)
For more creations, tutorials, etc, please visit my personal blog, http://neithj.blogspot.com

Thanks for looking!
nancine

Re: Milestones Books With Rainbow Sponge Ink Techs by Neith Juch

Post by nancine »

Thanks for the great tutorial Neith! And... I am so lucky I actually hav 3 pkgs. of the rainbow inks (and some sponges but never use!). I've been using the inks for techniques that call for re-inkers for quite awhile now.

I am a member of the RangerInk but haven't visited for quiet awhile - so I need to get back in the swing of things!
neith

Post by neith »

Thanks :) Yeah, with these inks on sale at Michaels, use a coupon and you get a big variety of colors that are nice and STRONG and they lend themselves so well to tons of techniques....

Get yours out, this month's challenge is to use items from the Posh Inkabilities line by Ranger :) So far, all the entries are using the traditional stripy swipes with teh sponges (one is different and wavy) so I keept tyring to share samples that use them in other ways!
tlscrap

Post by tlscrap »

Very nice!! I love this kit and the colors!
http://tlscrap.blogspot.com/
PAO #8
Theresa Lee
Painesville, Ohio
neith

Post by neith »

hehe, yup i loved the colors of the kit... even that green that a lot of you hated... gosh i took it and used it to inspire the inked up manila tags that make up the embossed bright green and the stamped on matting for the fat little rectanglular images :)
Laurie

Post by Laurie »

The books are beautiful.
Laurie Bennett #118 on POA
North Carolina