I Don't Do Well...

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
pbp908

I Don't Do Well...

Post by pbp908 »

... in absolute chaos. And if any of you do, please let me know how.

The house is still upside down, and the cabinet I bought to replace the vertical bathroom cabinet arrived yesterday. So, since the bathroom is not finished, it's in six cartons in the den waiting for assembly.

And why is the bathroom not finished? Because the guy doing the renovation came down with Covid. 2 weeks ago.

And because the house is in chaos because I've had to move things every where that they never were before, I can't find Cheryl's #13. It's here somewhere. I just haven't found it yet. So of course I'm adding that to the internal stress level. But on the outside - cool and calm. Ha.

Nosy Rosie is fitting into the household more and more. Who's that? Forgot to post a photo. When Bugs died Miss Rosie came to live with us because she was a stray and I couldn't pass up a grey cat. She's 6 months old, very small - maybe bad nutrition? - and just went through her first heat. Considering that Taz has been neutered for about 6 months, he was flabbergasted at her behavior toward him. :-o Let's just say that it was a week of comedy. He was hiding from her before the week was out. :lol:

It's hot here, Jim is at a horse show so I have barn duty. Yay me. Thankfully Miss Micah does not like being in her stall, so it's always clean.

With the heat, mowing time has started. Whoo hoo. I'm remembering why we decided to put the place on the market next year. Would you believe Jim's place sold for more than listed price within 1 week of listing??? There's hope that we'll be able to unload, er, sell - yeah, that's the word, this place.

Happy Friday! Hope all of you have a great weekend lined up!
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pugmom

Re: I Don't Do Well...

Post by pugmom »

No advice from me. I also don't do well in situations like yours.
I'm sorry your guy got Covid, but not even knowing when the work will start would make me nuts. I hope he had a mild case and will be on the job next week. I'm also finding that people are just not very dependable these days and it's just one excuse after another to not show up on the job. It infuriates me.

Do you plan on staying in the same area when you sell? Less land? Condo?
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

We've looked at SC for a long time. I grew up in the SC Low Country, and we both love the Santee lake system. We have family here, our doctors are here, our church is here, so we may just move across the NC/SC border. (That's only a mile from where we live now. :lol: )

Anyway, the part of SC that we're shoulder to shoulder with is nowhere near the part of SC that was home. But if it helps my blood pressure? I'll take it!

BTW, I found Cheryl's ATC. It was here on the desk the whole time! I need a vacation from my retirement! 8-) :lol: ;)

EDITED to remove all of the dratted political mess that makes my BP rise. :wtf:
Pam P.

pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

The above post has been sanitized of all politics for my sanity!!! Who was that masked woman?? :lol:

Demo on the bathroom has started! All animals not belonging to us have gone home! Learning new music for tomorrow's rehearsal to the sound of a saw - and that's definitely a sweet sound! Not the voice, but the saw!
Pam P.

pugmom

Post by pugmom »

:clap: :clap:
Happy to hear that the work has begun. Hopefully things go smoothly and quickly so you can get back to normal.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
Monica

Post by Monica »

pbp908 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:30 am The above post has been sanitized of all politics for my sanity!!! Who was that masked woman?? :lol:
Tawanda!!!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Why, yes, I believe it must have been her!
Pam P.

wannabescrappin

Post by wannabescrappin »

Dear Pam, I know you hate that chaos. So glad the renovation is now ongoing. But I must say, I am thrilled that Tawanda has returned!! :cool5:
Find time each day to rejoice in the journey...

Cheryl H (aka wannabescrappin)
#61 in the order of PAO