dental woes

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
Monica

dental woes

Post by Monica »

Disclaimer: I'm whining a bit!
I had 2 teeth break badly enough that the better solution was to pull them and rebuild to do implants, so they were pulled today. Molar on the upper left and another on the lower right. And now my mouth is killing me. It will be nice to have it all done, but damn. The Novocain finally wore off, so I'm eating mashed potatoes (one of the short list of foods I can eat for a few days) so I can take the hydrocodone acetamin that the dentist prescribed for me. I sincerely hope the massive pain doesn't last for terribly long, as I need to be at work this week. Sigh. Between bad enamel running in the family, 70s and 80s dentistry and fillings, and time, I have a bad feeling for my dental future. :angry48:
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pugmom

Re: dental woes

Post by pugmom »

Whine all you want - I'm sorry you're going through this and in so much pain. I hope the pain killers do their job. Dental pain is HORRIBLE.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Whine all you need - pain is pain and it HURTS!
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

I'd be whining too, no apologies needed.

Healing, caring thoughts Monica, going your way. I hope the pain eases and the rest of your treatment goes smoothly with no adverse effects.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
Monica

Post by Monica »

Thank you all! :happy94: I'm doing okay right now, aside from only eating soft food and seriously craving nachos. :lol: The tooth just in front of the upper molar that was pulled is being sensitive, so I'll have the dentist look at it during my follow up next Monday. I keep telling myself that it will all be worth it down the road, I just need to endure for several months until the process is complete. And it is really nice not to have pain from broken teeth!
wannabescrappin

Post by wannabescrappin »

Monica, hope you're feeling better! Dental pain is unlike any other - whine (or wine, but not with meds) on, Lady!
I agree with the dentistry from the 70's and 80's - it was drill, baby, drill!! I'm now using a fluoride rinse to help strengthen my enamel - I was told years ago I had "soft" teeth :? (PLEASE!)
Here's hoping that advanced dentistry will help those of us "of a particular age" :happywave:
Find time each day to rejoice in the journey...

Cheryl H (aka wannabescrappin)
#61 in the order of PAO
Monica

Post by Monica »

Happy Saturday! I'm doing better today, although I do have some ache on the lower right side that's been there since last night. I'm at the point where if it's just a bit of ache I'm good. Pain would be bad. Adjusting how to brush my teeth has been an experience! :lol: