What else?? The weather!

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
pbp908

What else?? The weather!

Post by pbp908 »

I hope all of my PAO family stays warm and toasty during this arctic blast. We're getting the cold here, but no snow or ice. I'm afraid that I've lived too far south at this point to do the frigid temps easily. I was thinking this morning that it's hard to believe that this former mountain goat that played in the snow from daylight to dark would rather stay in and read a good book. The only time I'll have to go out into the southern freezer is to feed the horses and break water on the barrels. If I didn't love those girls they'd be on their own!

Stay warm. Stay safe.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Monica

Re: What else?? The weather!

Post by Monica »

We had several inches last night, and today was declared a snow day! As an exempt employee I either had to work (remotely or at the building) or use leave, so I worked 2 hours and took the rest of the day off! I'm not a huge fan of snow and cold either, but by mid-morning the plows had been through and it wasn't actually that bad. Would have been hell for the buses earlier. And as a bonus for you, here's a picture of the finished quit top, as best I can do given my height and arm width.
Attachments
20240119_164317.jpg
20240119_164317.jpg (128.31 KiB) Viewed 361 times
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Gorgeous!
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

It has been one heck of a week with frigid cold and 2 rounds of snow. I think I got frostbite in the past, my fingers just about did me in this week as I shoveled snow.
Love your quilt Monica.
I spent M - Th at a local quilt retreat. It was my first outing of that type since Greg and Eric passed. I stayed home on Friday to decompress, to be quiet, and to avoid snow.

Take care everyone.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
Monica

Post by Monica »

Sending you hugs, Pat. Good for you in doing something you enjoy and taking time to simply be as well.

And thank you both! I'll post another picture after I get it back from my aunt. She's quilting it for me, along with a couple older quilt tops I found that need to be quilted so I can finish them. This is the year of actually finishing some UFOs! lol!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Monica...UFO's...yes, I have a few as well and created a few more last week. We shall never be bored with UFO's around.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

beautiful quilt
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
wannabescrappin

Post by wannabescrappin »

Beautiful quilt, Monica! Quilting is something I've always wanted to try but never got around to it. I've started cross stitching again and plan to teach Amelia (my granddaughter) so we can make some memories together :) .
Thank goodness it's warming up here this week - that bitter cold was really getting to the arthritis in my hands...thank goodness for Tylenol and warm coffee cups!!
Find time each day to rejoice in the journey...

Cheryl H (aka wannabescrappin)
#61 in the order of PAO