Calling our family home

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
Monica

Calling our family home

Post by Monica »

Those of us who are still here, I encourage you to contact our fellow PAO sisters by whatever means you may have, talk with them, let them know that PAO is here and we're leaving the light on for them to find their way home. I hate to lose contact with everyone, as we've been family for years now and closer than I am with a large percentage of my biological family. I'm also reaching out to invite people back home, and hopefully more will join us again.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pbp908

Re: Calling our family home

Post by pbp908 »

Hello! I'm still here - I do flit in every now and then to see what's up, but I've not commented. I need to put my fingers to work and at least say "hello" when I do.

I haven't left PAO (at least not THIS PAO). I haven't been active because my creativity went into the dumpster and hasn't put in an appearance again. I have stacks of pages that I was trying to do but nothing seemed to gel for me. I was looking at the mess a few days ago and thinking I need to at least clean it all up.

Also, I am recuperating from a month long nightmare that started with a huge kidney stone and culminated with my bowels shutting down completely. I'm slowly rebuilding stamina and the ability to eat more than a few bites a day. Small steps and I'm fighting! (Sorry to be gross but that's the only way I know to explain it.) I have a new respect and appreciation for George, who has taken care of me through all of this. He's been a real sweetie through the entire debacle.

Hopefully once the mess in here is cleaned up I'll find my "mojo" under one of the piles! I miss being here and there are so many things I want to chronicle.

I have students!!!! They're learning stable management which has been a blast! Who would have thought that the things that I taught 40 years ago would be keeping me young and active. I don't like having to cancel everything while I recuperate but I want to give them my best. They ARE being given "homework." :lol: Two of them are home schooled, so this is science and PE for them. My first one just loves horses and wants to learn as much about them as possible.

Oh! I about forgot! I've lost 50 pounds. Now I have to buy a new wardrobe as everything is falling off of me! It's a good thing that sweats have elastic and a drawstring!

Dang, I almost feel like singing "Hello, Dolly!" Love and miss you all!
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

Hi Pam! Enormous hugs to you ! What an ordeal you've been through, but I'm thankful you're on the recovering end of things. George is a champ for taking care of you through all of that!

I hear you with the lost mojo. I keep buying shiny things but when I sit down to craft my brain goes blank. My effort to kickstart it is making a second version of the 49 and Market album I did in June using the cool spectrum of colors, but this time I'm using the warm tones. I was going to wait to post photos, but I took some WIP pictures the other day to share with a friend, so I'll post them here too.

Congrats on the students and for the weight loss, although I know it wasn't how you intended to lose pounds. :happy94:

Love you back and so happy you took a moment to say hi!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

So glad you are on the mend. Keep at it and you are bouncing back.
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Hi Pam! So good to "see" you.
So sorry about your health issues, but I'm glad George took good care of you and that you're on the mend.
Students! You sound so excited about that. I'm glad it brings you so much joy.
And, congrats on the weight loss. You should be very proud of yourself and earned that new wardrobe.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

I missed this topic the other day.

Thanks for posting this Monica. There has been an evolution of sorts with the forums we've been on together over the years. You guys have been a part of my life for sooo many years. It's kind of weird to have it be this way. I hope that some "old timers" will find their way home.

Pam, wow, what a health crisis. Happy to hear you are on the upside of recovery. My paper crafting mojo must be in the dumpster with yours! I have been doing fabric crafting lately.
Perhaps we will get back in the paper crafting saddle soon...lol.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Maybe we just need to challenge each other! My biggest challenge right now is trying to clean a room a day - the place hasn't been cleaned since I got sick. :-o Cleaning up the mess in here is on the top of my list and I'm hoping that will give me a kick in the rear! I have to make cards for our church card swap, so that's the beginning point for me once I can find a clean table.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com