One More Bloody Time!

Notes to and from the paowers that be
pbp908

One More Bloody Time!

Post by pbp908 »

If I have to go through that :censor: computer stupidity known as Capcha one more time when I'm logging in it'll be the last time. I tell the bloody site to remember me but then have to verify to a COMPUTER PROGRAM that I'm a HUMAN 6 times before it allows me onsite. Outside of the fact that this is the epitome of ironic, I no longer find it fun or funny.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Monica

Re: One More Bloody Time!

Post by Monica »

I'm assuming you mean for PAO, and our tech will look into that today.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
KariBelle

Post by KariBelle »

Hello Pam,
I looked into both of these settings - we had the captcha set to kick in after 3 failed attempts to log in (wrong passwords etc.) and we had the "remember me" function set to forget after two days to prompt you to reselect it. I've disabled both functions for now so it should both remember you next time you tell it to and stop asking you to do the captcha now.
That said, I may have to reenable these features if there's an influx of spam in the future.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

It happens to me on a regular basis. No pattern to it. I’d like to throttle the person who came up with that idea - right along with the person who invented phone trees!
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

The thing is that it never gave me the opportunity to enter my login info incorrectly - it just went to Captcha. As for the "remember me" - it never lasted for a full day when I was lucky enough to login, so it was evidently ignoring the 2 day setting.

It finally dawned on me that one of the issues may have been my VPN, but darned if I can disable it every time I try to login.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Same here, Pam but it hasn’t happened since the latest tweeks. Fingers crossed!
Pam Cook #48