Our Facebook group

Got one? Know of a good one?
pamcook

Our Facebook group

Post by pamcook »

For anyone who hasn’t our Facebook group, we would love it if you would check it out and consider joining. The FB is much more active than our forum has been in many years. If you have questions, please let me know.
Pam Cook #48
pugmom

Re: Our Facebook group

Post by pugmom »

Well, I did it. I joined Facebook. Not sure how it all works, but I'll try to figure it out.
I received an email from Debi inviting me to join the group, set up my Facebook account and then find that the link in her email doesn't go anywhere.
Since it's Easter Sunday, I'll wait until tomorrow to contact her.

Nevermind - I don't think I'll be doing it anyway. I just got an email that says my account has been disabled because "my account or activitiy on it doesn't follow community standards". I haven't even done anything yet and I'm already in trouble! Oy vey!
I started to fill out the form to get it resolved, but they want me to upload a picture so they can be sure it's really me. I didn't put one in in the first place, so how will they know if it's really me or not???? Nope, not gonna do it. Sorry gals, I will not be joining Facebook. I have felt "safe" here, but understand if we can't continue with this site.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Sue I've been trying hard to limit my FB interactions and really prefer to not be there. Until this site shuts down this is where I'll be.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
KariBelle

Post by KariBelle »

pugmom wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:00 am Well, I did it. I joined Facebook. Not sure how it all works, but I'll try to figure it out.
I received an email from Debi inviting me to join the group, set up my Facebook account and then find that the link in her email doesn't go anywhere.
Since it's Easter Sunday, I'll wait until tomorrow to contact her.

Nevermind - I don't think I'll be doing it anyway. I just got an email that says my account has been disabled because "my account or activitiy on it doesn't follow community standards". I haven't even done anything yet and I'm already in trouble! Oy vey!
I started to fill out the form to get it resolved, but they want me to upload a picture so they can be sure it's really me. I didn't put one in in the first place, so how will they know if it's really me or not???? Nope, not gonna do it. Sorry gals, I will not be joining Facebook. I have felt "safe" here, but understand if we can't continue with this site.
Yeah, that's the problem with FB. If you don't add friends and photos, the automatic filters treat you like you're a spammer and will put your account on ice.
I was creating a secondary FB account some months ago to test something for a project I was working on and it took me upside of two weeks to finally make one that hit all the marks and hasn't gotten put on ice yet.
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

:clap: Pam! We'll have to keep the party going.

KariBelle - thanks for the FB info. I guess I can understand that, but then those of us that aren't spammers, get hand slapped.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Sue - those of us who tell the truth get our hands slapped, too, by the "opinion checkers."
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com