cozy mysteries

Keitha

cozy mysteries

Post by Keitha »

Does anyone else read cozy mysteries? Especially when I'm working I like a fluffy read before bed; it gets my mind off work issues, and isn't so compelling that I can't turn off the light when it's time to go to sleep. There's an added dimension to reading books set in a locale I'm visiting or have visited, and I recently came across The Seaside Cafe Mysteries by Bree Baker which are set in the Outer Banks. As that's the location for this group's retreats, I thought I'd mention them in case anyone else was interested.
pamcook

Re: cozy mysteries

Post by pamcook »

I’ll have to check it out. I’ve never heard the term “cozy mysteries”.
Pam Cook #48
Debbie AZ

Post by Debbie AZ »

That’s for the recommend. I like to read those kind of books after an intense one. I just finished a book by Anne Rule called And Never Let Her Go about a young woman in Delaware murdered by an prominent attorney, Thomas Capano. It was unbelievable what a narcissistic person he was.
BekiWard@msn.com

Post by BekiWard@msn.com »

I'll be listening to these; thanks for the recommendation. The summary I read on Audible reminds me of the Callahan Garrity series by Mary Kay Andrews.
Beki Ward
Clarksville VA
BekiWard@gmail.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I love Mary Kay Andrews’ books!

Have you all read Walking Across Egypt or Rainey? I don’t think I’ve ever laughed so hard in my life. The author is from Durham and his characters are very real. Not mysteries but my brain has gone off on a journey…
Pam Cook #48
kacarr61

Post by kacarr61 »

I read lots of cozy mystery series and recently read Seaside Cafe! I also like thrillers and true crime but need a nice cozy mystery in-between.
Kathy Carr
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

I love cozy mysteries, I have Amazon Prime and pay
about $10.00 each month to access their Kindle Unlimited
selections which saves me a good bit of change as you
can read as many books as you want each month, just
download to the Kindle reader.
I recently finished a few different series of books by
Lee Strauss that were set in different decades with
related female protagonists form the 1920s, 1930s
and 1950s. She does a lot of fashion descriptions
throughout the books which emphasizes the time
periods in which the action is taking place.
If I'm reading a new author with a series of books
I like to read them in the order written to follow the
progress of the regular characters.
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

pamcook wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:11 am I’ll have to check it out. I’ve never heard the term “cozy mysteries”.
I actually call them "fluffy mysteries" but the common term is "cozy mysteries". I'm thankful for access to a large city library; I borrow all my fiction reads from them electronically. One more series I'll mention here is the Miss Fortune Mystery Series by Jana DeLeon. They're set in Louisiana, and what sets them apart for me is they are truly laugh-out-loud funny.
BekiWard@msn.com

Post by BekiWard@msn.com »

pamcook wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:54 pm I love Mary Kay Andrews’ books!

Have you all read Walking Across Egypt or Rainey? I don’t think I’ve ever laughed so hard in my life. The author is from Durham and his characters are very real. Not mysteries but my brain has gone off on a journey…
I’ll be checking this one out for sure…we can always use a laugh.
Beki Ward
Clarksville VA
BekiWard@gmail.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

Oh, I love cozy mysteries! I have shelves full of them. Cleo Coyle's Coffeehouse Mysteries are set in NYC, Laura Childs' Tea Shop Mysteries in Charleston, NC and her Scrapbooking Mysteries set in New Orleans; Jenn McKinlay's Library Lover's Mysteries set in Briar Creek; Miranda James' Cat in the Stacks Mysteries set in Athena, Mississippi; Kate Carlisle's Bibliophile Mysteries set in San Francisco... I did mention I love cozy mysteries, right? :lol:

And if that doesn't work for me there's always Agatha Christie or my old girls' mystery series collection.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Monica wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:36 pm ... And if that doesn't work for me there's always Agatha Christie or my old girls' mystery series collection.
My grandson Cameron is taking creative writing at university, and they've been studying the art of the whodunit. Agatha Christie was on the curriculum so he's been reading some of her books, and watching the recent movies. I love that a whole new generation is discovering her.
Monica

Post by Monica »

That's awesome, Keitha! You really can't top Agatha Christie for a really well-crafted whodunit. I have going to see The Mousetrap on my bucket list, preferably coinciding with a trip to England. ;)
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

Love the cozy mysteries.
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois