Forum & Site are repaired now

nchoney

Forum & Site are repaired now

Post by nchoney »

Sorry I didn't have a quick way of getting information out to everyone. Our site apparently was infected with some malicious software and started out being blocked by Chrome and Firefox... and then, once the hosting company started running scans, they found about 100 files that needed to be deleted. All those are now deleted... just weird files in the background.... and then we passed two clean scans and are back up and running.

To keep this from happening again... we have now paid $299 for malware protection for the site. That will hopefully keep malware from being forced into our site... and if something slips through, they give us 24/7 tech support and unlimited scanning and file repair. That'll cover us for a year. If anyone would like to donate to cover part of that, my PayPal is under my email address. DebiDaugherty@charter.net

Also.... would you all send me a quick email so I'll have contact information in case something happens in the future and the site is down? I'm hoping it won't happen... but if I get all your email addresses, I can put it into a mailing list and just bulk email site updates in an emergency.

I'm glad this is all resolved before the weekend.... I'm going to rest up after having so many chat sessions and phone conversations with techs with limited skills from India. In one long phone call, there were even roosters crowing in the not so far distance. They may have been in the room with the guy. Whew!! I'm going to do some scrapping this weekend!! :)
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pamcook

Re: Forum & Site are repaired now

Post by pamcook »

I feel like a junkie who just got a long over due fix…

Can’t thank you enough Debi!
Pam Cook #48
BekiWard@msn.com

Post by BekiWard@msn.com »

Thank you for taking such good care of us, Debi! :happy94:

I'm curious, though...will you be scrapping roosters? :lol:
Beki Ward
Clarksville VA
BekiWard@gmail.com
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Thank you so much for taking care of this for us.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Thanks Debi for looking after this for us. I can send you some funky chickens (QK die) if you need them... :lol: :lol:
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I will not be scrapping roosters!! LOL
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
Laurie

Post by Laurie »

Thank you Debi. I struggled to get back on. I had to delete all my bookmarks and start from scratch.
Laurie Bennett #118 on POA
North Carolina