Winter Fun

jfugina

Winter Fun

Post by jfugina »

So, I found this kit when I was looking for something else - totally unsure where it came from or when I would have gotten it. It's an Embellish It! page kit from 2014. :wtf: Anyway, the layout looked just about right for a set of pics I have of Jake sledding down our hill in a late (March) snowfall in 2018. In hindsight, it was probably the last time. They're just too "grown up" for this kind of fun now. :(
Attachments
LateWinter2018.jpg
LateWinter2018.jpg (126.65 KiB) Viewed 172 times
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
pamcook

Re: Winter Fun

Post by pamcook »

Goodness I do love that layout. What great colors!
Pam Cook #48
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Thanks! I like it too. I added a couple more photos than what the page kit called for, because the background paper was a bit busy, and the extra photo and matting helped a lot.
Julie Fugina
Monica

Post by Monica »

It is a bit busy, but I think the amount of photos really balances it out. It's really great!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

I like the pages
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I like it! Looks like this is the month for pulling out those older kits.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Yeah - I've kind of in a lull with work stuff - it's often a feast or famine situation with my workload. And working from my craft room means I can go through my stash while still quickly responding to an email or ping from a work chat window. :-)

So I've been killing a lot of time going through some old stash, and trying to force myself to finally use it. I have very little CS left, and I vacillate between wanting to just use it up so that I don't have to look at it anymore, and holding on to it because it's just not the right fit. Once CS started in with some of their heavier themes, I really struggled to get those kits used.

I also have pulled out some creative memories stash. I never throw away my 12x12 papers (or 11.5x12 in the case of early CM days), and I'm trying to force myself to incorporate those papers in my sketches. The struggle there is that coordinating embellishments weren't so much of a thing back then, so finding something to complement is a struggle for me. So don't be surprised if you start to see layouts posted from me with really old papers, and all embellished with die cut flowers and leaves or punched out hearts and stars. LOL.
Julie Fugina
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Fun winter page Julie. Here's a trick that might help with that old CM stash you're trying to use; start with the embellishments. Once you have your photos picked choose an embellishment or two you like with them, then go through your paper for something that works. I usually find that easier than trying to match embellies to papers, probably because there's more paper to choose from.
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Julie, I turn the CS paper over and use the plain side. I always had a hard time with their prints. As for the embellishments, if they weren't fairly generic I trashed them for the same reason I use the plain side of their paper.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Keitha wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:00 pm Fun winter page Julie. Here's a trick that might help with that old CM stash you're trying to use; start with the embellishments. Once you have your photos picked choose an embellishment or two you like with them, then go through your paper for something that works. I usually find that easier than trying to match embellies to papers, probably because there's more paper to choose from.
I think you're right - in the case of the creative memories stuff I've got left, it probably would be easier to start from a sticker sheet or something, and match the papers from there.
pbp908 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:24 pm Julie, I turn the CS paper over and use the plain side. I always had a hard time with their prints. As for the embellishments, if they weren't fairly generic I trashed them for the same reason I use the plain side of their paper.
I haven't used an A side of my CS stash in years. I do still like it for the texture, but the printed side - that's quite a bit more difficult to fit in. The stuff that's really difficult to use are the 8.5x11s. Given that I tend to use cutting patterns that are all based on 12x12, I tend to forget about the 8.5x11 papers entirely. When I want a mat or something, I just go straight for the POPs (which multiply, as we all know). I still have a lot of those old embellishments, and I really do need to cut line on those, because I haven't used them in probably 10 years and the style just doesn't work with other kits.
Julie Fugina