Weekend (and Monday) scrapping accomplishments

jfugina

Weekend (and Monday) scrapping accomplishments

Post by jfugina »

More often than not, my process starts with pre-making page kits, or empty layouts from sketches or ALSB-like formulas. I want to play with paper, but I don't want the restriction of assembling the paper for any particular purpose. This means I wind up with a LOT of empty layouts that lay around for a very long time waiting for just the right photos to come along.

This weekend I started by pulling out a bunch of empty layouts I wanted to be rid of, then I went looking through nearly 5 years worth of photos trying to find something I could put on those pages. I finally submitted my photo order Saturday night, and on Sunday, I loaded up these layouts. Today I got out the alpha sticker drawer, and finished them up, along with a couple others from 6x6 sketches that still needed titles.

This was a second pass at one of the 6x6 class sketches, but not using any 6x6 stuff at all.
Viking.jpg
Viking.jpg (145.78 KiB) Viewed 159 times
Super old slab of Christmas paper that I wanted to use up, so I made a collection of pages with Simple Cut Creations. It's a lot like ALSB. It's a great way to go through a collection you have ridiculous amounts of.
FuginaXmas.jpg
FuginaXmas.jpg (138.08 KiB) Viewed 159 times
I made this using the last bit of scraps from a kit.
CookXMas2018.jpg
CookXMas2018.jpg (128.98 KiB) Viewed 159 times
This was another variation on one of the 6x6 sketches
achievement.jpg
achievement.jpg (123.14 KiB) Viewed 159 times
Another layout based on Simple Cut Creations.
2019SchoolPhotos.jpg
2019SchoolPhotos.jpg (103.44 KiB) Viewed 159 times
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
jfugina

Re: Weekend (and Monday) scrapping accomplishments

Post by jfugina »

But wait.. there's more. :-)

Another layout from a Simple Cut Creation. I was looking to bash some Creative Memories Stash
Overtime.jpg
Overtime.jpg (108.24 KiB) Viewed 158 times
Another SCC. These layout formulas do call for embellishments, but I just didn't.
TShirtQuilt.jpg
TShirtQuilt.jpg (117.6 KiB) Viewed 158 times
Another SCC. Something I want to add about this though - I went to use some brown Thickers, and couldn't spell out a single word. I should just dump a bunch of these sticker sheet remnants in the trash, but I'm a hoarder. Then it dawned on me to see if I could cut thin craft foam with my sizzlet thin die alphabets - and it WORKED! Home-made Thicker-like letters without ever having a letter missing. I'm going to try to do more of that.
traditions.jpg
traditions.jpg (132.2 KiB) Viewed 158 times
Another SCC, but from a collection that came with embellishments.
WarrenLevis.jpg
WarrenLevis.jpg (149.6 KiB) Viewed 158 times
another SCC from that same collection.
Zipline.jpg
Zipline.jpg (147.23 KiB) Viewed 158 times
Julie Fugina
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Lastly, the double-page spreads.

A Scrapbook Generation kit. This is our last elementary school valentines making (from 2018), and I never take Valentines Day photos otherwise, so I don't have any idea what I'm going to do with the rest of these V-day themed layouts.
Valentines.jpg
Valentines.jpg (103.77 KiB) Viewed 156 times
This was such a fantastic trip. My girl scout troop had their Cadette-to-Senior "Bridging" ceremony at the Golden Gate Bridge. There are a gazillion pics from this trip, but I think I need to throw those into a quickie Walgreens digital photo book or it will never get done.
SanFran.jpg
SanFran.jpg (126.65 KiB) Viewed 156 times
Scrapbook Generation page kits. Now that we finally own a pool, I can use up those endless pool pages that SG sends each summer.
2018PoolParty1.jpg
2018PoolParty1.jpg (147.52 KiB) Viewed 156 times
2019PoolParty2.jpg
2019PoolParty2.jpg (119.63 KiB) Viewed 156 times
This is a SG sketch (which I did not have enough photos to fill), using the last of an old summer/picnic Pink Paislee collection. I've had this empty layout forever. It was time to just use it up and make it work.
2019PoolParty.jpg
2019PoolParty.jpg (106.3 KiB) Viewed 156 times
Thanks for your perusal of my weekend rapid scrapping gallery! :-) I have a stack of another dozen or so that I've pulled out into a stack, but next weekend starts our marathon marching competition set of weekends, so this is it for now. While I didn't create anything new this weekend, I got photos on pages, and I am really pleased with the sheer volume of what I got done this weekend.
Julie Fugina
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Julie. :shock:
Every single one is amazing. No one would ever know that you didn't make each page specifically for the photos you used. I'm so happy you had the time to complete all of them!
Pam Cook #48
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Thank you Pam! I really want to give another plug to Simple Cut Creations. I found them on Pinterest, and purchased every cutting formula that I could find. The layouts all have fairly simple geometry, and it's very ALSB in nature, in that you start with 12-14 pieces of patterned paper and cardstock, and you use bits of each paper on multiple layouts. But there is a certain challenge to it, in that you need your patterned papers and solids to have enough contrast when layered on top of each other. So it can be a bit like a puzzle, and sometimes my brain needs that kind of problem-solving more than it needs free-form creativity.
Julie Fugina
Debbie AZ

Post by Debbie AZ »

Wow, you really were very productive! Great job on all of them.
gwendols

Post by gwendols »

:clap: Well done!! I really like all of the layouts you made.
Gwen Godfrey
#6 in the order of PAO
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

What a productive weekend, Julie! You did a great job matching photos to your pre-made layouts.
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

WOW! WTG, Julie! :clap:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

Way to go, Julie! That's an amazing accomplishment!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

Good lord, you were busy!

Great pages
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois