My new/used car

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
nchoney

My new/used car

Post by nchoney »

I'm finally giving up on the '98 Jeep.... it keeps having nagging issues and it's time to set it free. So... I kept stalking the FaceBook Marketplace and came across this '06 Chevy Suburban in the area. Mike and I went and picked it up on Sunday! Now just need to get all the paperwork done and I can start driving it.
IMG_7713sm.jpg
IMG_7713sm.jpg (39.47 KiB) Viewed 291 times
IMG_7714sm.jpg
IMG_7714sm.jpg (34.77 KiB) Viewed 291 times
IMG_7715sm.jpg
IMG_7715sm.jpg (40.08 KiB) Viewed 291 times
IMG_7717sm.jpg
IMG_7717sm.jpg (29.81 KiB) Viewed 291 times
IMG_7718sm.jpg
IMG_7718sm.jpg (38.79 KiB) Viewed 291 times
We tested that ramp in the back... Chevie didn't really like it... it seems too narrow for her... so now I'm buying a set of folding steps. Then we'll start practicing. Should be easy... she's treat-motivated. And that's the back with the 3rd row seating all folded up. Room for her crate.
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pamcook

Re: My new/used car

Post by pamcook »

I can relax now that you have a BIG reliable vehicle to escape when you need to.
:happy94:
Pam Cook #48
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Well done! and I'm so happy that Chevy has a Chevy!
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
Debbie AZ

Post by Debbie AZ »

Yay! Good job and bigger to haul for stuff to Re(Create)!
Monica

Post by Monica »

Very nice! I love a big rig for hauling everything in. :)
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

mpizzazz wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:55 pm Well done! and I'm so happy that Chevy has a Chevy!
:lol:
Pam Cook #48
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Very nice! We need to do a massive auto-shuffle at our house, and we're not really sure the best way to go about it. Nicole and I have CR-Vs (2012 and 2019), and Rob has a Jeep Grand Cherokee (2014). The Grand is the only one that's paid off, and he's wanting to trade for a truck with a much larger tow capacity. The Grand isn't bad, but we want a camping trailer, and the Jeep doesn't quite cut it for what we're wanting to eventually get.

Nicole didn't take her car to college (because we didn't allow it). So it seems logical that it's the first thing we should get rid of. But the question is then whether we should get rid of a second vehicle also, given that Jake is likely to get his permit in mere months, and Nicole will likely want to pick up a few work shifts over Christmas break, and over the summer, etc. And do we ditch the two vehicles with car payments and keep the Grand Cherokee? Or keep the one remaining vehicle that gets reasonable gas mileage, but still has a few years before payoff? I HATE car shopping, which is why I tend to keep cars forever. But I can't deny that we'd benefit from a proper truck. The multiple teenage driver situation just makes the whole thing complicated.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO