card tales

Keitha

card tales

Post by Keitha »

I may need to turn in my cardmaker badge. Yesterday was my youngest grandson's 15th birthday, but I didn't feel like making a card and as I have a stash of both handmade and store-bought cards here figured I'd just grab something from the box. However the handmade cards were pretty generic - IMO boring to a 15-year-old - but I did find a couple of kiddie grandson cards I'd bought years (and years) ago that I'd never used, having found something I liked better at the time I guess. His gift was some new gaming headphones which I wrapped in paper with vintage kiddy games all over it, so told myself the kiddie card fit my theme.
Turns out that was the only birthday card he received yesterday; his Mom didn't manage to get one at all, and his brother just wrote on a piece of paper. Both of whom could have raided my stash, not that Graeme particularly cared. I thought it was all pretty funny.
pamcook

Re: card tales

Post by pamcook »

I think you’re brilliant!
My son in law got a card made with circus animals from me last year. If you can’t be a kid on your birthday…
Pam Cook #48
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

heck yeah.... birthdays are definitely times to be a kid

but now you need to get busy making some birthday cards! :)
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

nchoney wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:50 am ... but now you need to get busy making some birthday cards! :)
I seem to be fine with making 'thinking of you' cards in advance, but want my birthday cards to be specific to the individual so typically make them in the moment. Although I suppose for family I could make them in advance, tailored to the individual - not that my older cousin is going to appreciate a card made from the prehistoric set I've got, but I'm sure my family will find it amusing LOL. What I do need to do is replenish the Sympathy cards; I've used far too many of those in recent months. And I really need to have a few pet sympathy cards on hand, but that seems to require a different set of supplies which I don't have. Recommendations for stamp sets for this would be appreciated.
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

At least you gave him one
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois