Post by pbp908 »

Yes, we have! I'm out of room for keeping them. :lol:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
jfugina

Re: Crafty goals for 2021

Post by jfugina »

pbp908 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:04 am I've set a new goal for myself. Since permission was given during one of our recent posts for reuse of cards sent to us, I'm going to pull out the hundreds that I have and "recondition" them. I've been in contact with the group that I posted that collects and sends cards to deployed servicemen to send to their families back home. They accept all sizes and holidays, so all of the beautiful cards that I've received in the past will be cherished again.
This is a really interesting idea. By recondition, do you mean to repurpose the front and mount it on another card body? I haven't been a member of any birthday card clubs for years, but I still have every single hand-made card that I received when I was participating. I like the idea of giving those cards new life to be enjoyed by another person though.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Yes, just using the front. I expect they're going to be a bit surprised when they get several large boxes. Unfortunately I'll be buying and making envelopes for a while. :lol:
Pam P.

mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

pbp908 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:04 am I've set a new goal for myself. Since permission was given during one of our recent posts for reuse of cards sent to us, I'm going to pull out the hundreds that I have and "recondition" them. I've been in contact with the group that I posted that collects and sends cards to deployed servicemen to send to their families back home. They accept all sizes and holidays, so all of the beautiful cards that I've received in the past will be cherished again.
I never thought we needed permission! Some people used to send cards with a post it note inside with their name so the card could easily be reused. I've been repurposing many many cards over the years and sent them off to charities or craft reuse groups.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

I love this idea. But like Pam, I'd need to give myself permission. :D I mean, shoot... I've got a card that Farley sent me a few years back (a coffee themed one that I adored), and it's literally framed and hanging next to my coffee maker in the kitchen. All of the others (and I mean every last one) is tacked to a wall in my craft room. Disassembling that wall would be quite an ordeal. Though I could replace it with a massive ATC collage. I've got box with quite a few of those from my ATC trading days that I've never figured out how to display.
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO
Monica

Post by Monica »

Julie, I've been using my ATCs as the jumping point for card fronts the past few years, as the mood strikes. The only ones I've kept as ATCs are PAO anniversary swaps and a few other swaps that I loved. Someday I'll think how to display them all. :lol:
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Marianne - Permission may not have been the right word. We had a discussion several months ago (a year ago??? time flies) wondering if anyone would be upset or shy about us reusing their card fronts for things like this. Everyone felt like it would be a good idea, which eased my mind somewhat about doing it. I do have some cards that I'm keeping for various reasons, but it felt great last night to pull them out, revisit them, and then sort them into various holidays and seasons. I even found some things that I'd forgotten I had, which is generally the case when I start looking around in this room. Sort of like rediscovering some stamps and dies I'd ordered to use for swaps that I'd forgotten about. :-o :oops:
Pam P.

jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

To complete the pages I started and get the others in albums.

Also use up partial supplies.
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois