sticker sheets

A great location for discussions about all things organizational. From supplies to creations - how do you keep your crafts organized?
Keitha

Re: sticker sheets

Post by Keitha »

Don't know if we're watching the same gal, but a couple of YouTubers I follow use waxed paper to hold their stickers from when they put their kit together until they make their layout. And just earlier today I saw that Rock Your Notebook, who make all kinds of different sized travelers notebooks with different papers inside, make a reusable sticker notebook presumably for exactly that purpose. I'd guess it's a terrific idea if you want to reorganize your stickers by colour as you suggested.
Trixie

Post by Trixie »

She is RTS Scrapbooking on YouTube. I like that she sticks to the topic and has some new ideas. I also liked this idea because you make the book once and then put any new stickers in the empty spots when you pull one off to use. Not that I am buying new stuff. This whole process has made me realize what i use, what I don't, and how much money I have spent on all these supplies!!!
Judy Gunsaulis in WV
#91in the order of PAO
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

I've watched some of her videos, she does have some good ideas.
EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

I really hate to say this but I have my sticker sheets
sorted into 12 Iris cart drawers ( I took 2 six drawer carts
and put them together) I have a drawer for each month of
the year and each month has a special occasion or activity.
and stickers that are month or subject appropriate go into each drawer
like April would be Spring, Easter, flowers, etc
eg- top drawer is labeled January - Winter then February - Valentine
and so on throughout the year to December - Christmas
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

EDelValle wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:53 pm I really hate to say this but I have my sticker sheets
sorted into 12 Iris cart drawers ( I took 2 six drawer carts
and put them together) I have a drawer for each month of
the year and each month has a special occasion or activity.
and stickers that are month or subject appropriate go into each drawer
like April would be Spring, Easter, flowers, etc
eg- top drawer is labeled January - Winter then February - Valentine
and so on throughout the year to December - Christmas
That’s brilliant!
Pam Cook #48
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Elizabeth, your system sounds much like my embellishment organization. I have, ahem, 18 shallow Iris cart drawers and each has a theme/category of supplies - that's how I scrap - plus a colour assigned to it for generic embellishments that don't fit a category. For example Winter/Snow - White, Water/Ocean/Beach - Turquoise. Some of the pairings of categories and colours is arbitrary but it works surprisingly well; I've had them set up this way for about 15 years. The only thing not in the drawers are 12x12 sticker sheets as they're too big to fit, but everything else from flat to dimensional items are in there; when I work on a page I can just bring the drawer to the table to sift through and see what I find. The only things not in the drawers are generic things I use on every page like enamel dots or specific types of supplies I'm making a point to use up like wood veneers; those things live in containers right by my desk so I can easily grab them.