Cardinals, anyone?

Keitha

Cardinals, anyone?

Post by Keitha »

I know I'm not the only one who took advantage of the free offer from Simon Says Stamp to get the exclusive TH Cardinal die in December - so am issuing a challenge to those of you who also received one to use it on a card or project, and post it here. I decided to use alcohol inks on Yupo paper; same colours on both which appear brighter on the white Yupo as opposed to the translucent. My order only arrived a couple days ago - the joys of shipping to Canada - so one of these will be a Thank You card and the other likely a birthday card, both of which I need to send out this week. You could also combine this challenge with the current one to send Happy Mail.
Attachments
2021-01-10 13.31.14_r.jpg
2021-01-10 13.31.14_r.jpg (192.98 KiB) Viewed 280 times
Debbie AZ

Re: Cardinals, anyone?

Post by Debbie AZ »

Simply beautiful! Excellent job.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

They are very beautiful! I wish I had known about that offer! Even just the branch alone would have tempted me.

Last week, I walked past one of our windows and a red flash caught my eye. There were 3 male cardinals, 1 female (that I could see) and at least 20 male eastern bluebirds. I’m sure there were female bluebirds but they’re difficult to spot this time of year. I couldn’t get a photo because we have screens on the windows and the lens wants to focus on the screen. Whatever they were eating was distracting them from each other!
Pam Cook #48
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

Those are great cards. I knew I would regret passing on that offer. I didn't need any other TH items at the time.
Pffffftttt.... who am I kidding. There's ALWAYS something I could use. I've just bought too much stuff in the last year that I haven't gotten around to using yet.
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Keitha good for you jumping on and using this adorable die so beautifully. Mine is staring at me every time I turn and face my bird stamp/die box...it’s at the front facing me. :roll:

Pam, jealous! Someday I’ll see one. The crazy thing is I might have but I would have been a kid/young adult spending summers and one Christmas in Illinois with family. If only I had been a birder then!
FARLEY in Sacramento
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

pamcook wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:32 pm They are very beautiful! I wish I had known about that offer! Even just the branch alone would have tempted me.
Last week, I walked past one of our windows and a red flash caught my eye. There were 3 male cardinals, 1 female (that I could see) and at least 20 male eastern bluebirds. I’m sure there were female bluebirds but they’re difficult to spot this time of year. I couldn’t get a photo because we have screens on the windows and the lens wants to focus on the screen. Whatever they were eating was distracting them from each other!

Pam, the branch is from a different Sizzix set of Thinlits called Holiday Greens - the one with 4 dies, not the minis. I looked at all my branch dies and liked the scale of this one for these cards. And not to enable anyone, but I only recently discovered that the cardinal die is the same scale/style as a set that came out earlier in the year called Feathered Friends, with two different birds in it.
I'm scrapping photos right now that I took through the front window on Friday. No screen, but I'd have been happier if the window were cleaner LOL.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Good to know! Thanks Keitha.
Pam Cook #48
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

pretty cards and I did not buy anything
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
kacarr61

Post by kacarr61 »

Beautiful Keitha!!!!
Kathy Carr
mpizzazz

Post by mpizzazz »

Those are beautiful, great job! I really like the embossed backgrounds, too, that are branches.
marianne
#57 in the order of PAO

Our travels
http://ratbagp.blogspot.com
jfugina

Post by jfugina »

Those cards are absolutely stunning! :clap:
Julie Fugina
#26 in the order of the PAO