Fun challenge #3 - thankful

For anyone wishing to post a cyber-crop, here's the place.
Monica

Fun challenge #3 - thankful

Post by Monica »

In this really challenging year, it's important to look back as find what we're thankful for. So this fun thread is to jot some of that down.

I'm thankful for PAO and all of my family here. :happy94: I'm thankful for a Heavenly Father who hasn't given up on this screwed up world and her people, no matter how badly we drop the ball now and then, and for His saving grace. I'm thankful for my father-in-law being at peace, and that the family was able to see him again before he passed away. I'm thankful for my niece marrying a man who will love and cherish her as she deserves. I'm thankful my brother-in-law found a job in San Jose, even though it's thrown my sister's life into a bit of chaos trying to pack and sell their old house while homeschooling her youngest. I'm thankful for my mom, who has more energy at 71 than I do! And for my MIL, who is dealing with her loss and finding a new balance in life. I'm thankful for my brother and sister, and that even when we disagree we'd still drop everything to be there for each other. I'm thankful for my SIL and BIL, for the same reason. I'm thankful for Emily being with us. I'm thankful for warm kitty purrs and hot tea on a cold day. I'm thankful that all of use being essential employees has meant no lapse in paychecks, and that DH's company has still ben able (to date) to get parts to continue making airplanes.

I could go on and on, but those are top of my head. Happy Thanksgiving to all the Americans, and happy thankful for you to the rest!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pat-czap

Re: Fun challenge #4 - thankful

Post by pat-czap »

A very nice listing of thankfulness Monica.

I am thankful for all of you at PAO, especially this year, when meet ups with people in person is basically nonexistent.

For my family, near and far. Thank goodness for Facetime, Skype, Zoom, etc.

For friends near and far as well.

For our health, jobs and health insurance!!

To be able to rise each morning, go about my day and retire to a nice warm bed.

I am truly most fortunate and blessed.

Be well.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I am thankful for all of my PAO family, because that's what you are.

I am thankful for my friends, especially those I call family.

I am thankful for my family - close and extended.

I am thankful for these boys that God has given me to love - both the one I gave birth to and the one who chose to stay with us instead of his parents.

I am thankful for all of the furry children that I have care of - including the ones next door that were the beloved animals of my friend who passed away way too soon.

I am thankful that both George and I, despite our physical issues, are in relatively good health.

And most of all, I am thankful that there is a Someone much greater than me, the Great Architect, who always listens to my prayers.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Goodness. I’m weepy today and reading your posts...

Of course I’m so very thankful for my PAO sisters. We’ve been together for what seems like forever and I hope I never take you for granted. :happy94:

I’m so thankful for the gift of salvation and for my Heavenly Father who loves me enough to hear my prayers about the little things as well as the big things.

I’m thankful I work from home and can be safe at home. Not just from Covid but also from the flu and all the other cooties you encounter in a medical clinic setting. I’m thankful Joel hasn’t walked off his job (thank you Jesus for hearing that prayer!).

I’m thankful to have Kenan & his parents living with us - for all the reasons.

I’m thankful for the internet black magic that lets me see and talk with Cara & her family thousands of miles away and that they’re in a safe place.

I’m thankful our moms and my dad are still with us.

I’m thankful for good health, a roof over our head, stable incomes, and so much more than I could ever deserve.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving dear friends!
Pam Cook #48
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

pamcook wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:57 pm Goodness. I’m weepy today and reading your posts...

Of course I’m so very thankful for my PAO sisters. We’ve been together for what seems like forever and I hope I never take you for granted. :happy94:

I’m so thankful for the gift of salvation and for my Heavenly Father who loves me enough to hear my prayers about the little things as well as the big things. This year I’m especially thankful for the miracles of modern medicine.

I’m thankful I work from home and can be safe at home. Not just from Covid but also from the flu and all the other cooties you encounter in a medical clinic setting. I’m thankful Joel hasn’t walked off his job (thank you Jesus for hearing that prayer!).

I’m thankful to have Kenan & his parents living with us - for all the reasons.

I’m thankful for the internet black magic that lets me see and talk with Cara & her family thousands of miles away and that they’re in a safe place.

I’m thankful our moms and my dad are still with us.

I’m thankful for good health, a roof over our head, stable incomes, and so much more than I could ever deserve.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving dear friends!
Pam Cook #48
wannabescrappin

Post by wannabescrappin »

Just got home from being able to spend Thanksgiving with my sister, who through my entire life has been my rock and my best friend. So, I begin my Thanks to the Almighty for allowing Kurt and me to spend the holiday with her.

I am forever thankful for my family.

I am thankful that I had parents who taught me about faith, loyalty and love.

I am thankful for my friends.

I am thankful to all the veterans, police officers, first responders and their families for their sacrifices.

I am thankful that I live in a country where our freedom is a God given right.

I am thankful that I have a profession that allows me the care for others.

I am thankful that 2020 is almost history...
Find time each day to rejoice in the journey...

Cheryl H (aka wannabescrappin)
#61 in the order of PAO