I Give Up (Again)

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
pbp908

I Give Up (Again)

Post by pbp908 »

I had a package (my stamps!) that was scheduled for delivery on Aug. 1. It left Colorado on July 28 and then landed in Portland. WTH??? That's west, not east. Anyway, on August 1 it was in Raleigh. On Aug. 2 in Fayetteville, which is our distribution point and only 45 miles from here. It sat there until yesterday and was shipped north to Greensboro, 110 miles away. Today it's still there and who knows when and where it'll go next.

I think from here on I'm only ordering from Amazon - they seem to be the only company that can get things delivered on time via the USPS.

Note: Even my UPS package from scrapbook.com was 2 days later than tracking showed.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pamcook

Re: I Give Up (Again)

Post by pamcook »

The USPS hates me. If there can be a problem, I will have it.
I almost never see UPS around us any more. Of course, we're pretty isolated back here.
Regardless, with all the electronics, at least the tracking should be accurate. I feel your pain!
Pam Cook #48
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I'd call one of those post offices and ask them what's wrong with your package? they can look it up by tracking number and put their hands on it :-)
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I've tried. All I get are messages relating to Covid-19 and deliveries being slow regardless of what :censor: number I press.
Pam P.

paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

What craziness Pam. I’ve had this kind of trouble with Amazon shipping via UPS. I ordered a giant magnetic white erase board for Charley’s “bar prep office” to keep track of his daily preparation and study. Got a delivery date. On that date it was “out for delivery” but wait...then we get a notice that night that it’s headed back to distribution in West Sacramento. (That did happen to occur at the same time Sacramento went on 8pm curfew during demonstrations downtown.). Regardless it never showed up. So we call Amazon. While talking to Ms Amazon helper, she calls our local UPS distribution. They say they never had it!!! It was never shipped to them. What!? So we cancel the order that never was. Then I ordered it again and it arrived a few days later. Wait for it...yes, the first one was “out for delivery”. So I tracked it. I can’t even begin to tell you where all that thing went, including Sacramento on the original deliver date. So it arrives and the box is shredded on one side with part of the frame exposed looking a bit beat up. We kept it, LOL. Charley’s girlfriend took it home for her to use for her studies. And no charge for the late, banged up one. :roll: :lol:

It doesn’t seem to matter whether it’s UPS, USPS, Amazon’s contracted or own delivery or any other service. I’ve got poor delivery stories for them all.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Monica

Post by Monica »

pbp908 wrote:I've tried. All I get are messages relating to Covid-19 and deliveries being slow regardless of what :censor: number I press.
I feel your pain with trying to get any help by phone for my home USPS. I've actually taken to driving to the post office and demanding to talk with the route supervisor to get things fixed. Last time the driver forgot to put the key for the parcel locker in our box, so I arranged to meet him on his route to get the key he FORGOT. I'm just like... seriously?! How do you forget that? It's the same bank of mailboxes. :shock: :roll:

This is why I get almost everything delivered to work now. It can be a pain when my parcel shows Saturday delivery, because I know I won't get it until Monday, but they have never misplaced or lost a single package. My work mailguy is also the one who told me that USPS GPS tracks every single parcel, whether they admit it or not, and you can demand to have that done with a missing package.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Farley, that's how we ended up with an extra UPC. :lol:

Monica, I'm still tracking it on the USPS site. If I can track it why the heck can't they take the time to get it right???
Pam P.

troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

Nothing but trouble with the PO, delivery has been taking forever. I've had packages from SU sit up in Butner, NC for 3 days before even leaving there then 2 days to get to me. Butner is about 5 - 6 hours from us is all. Very frustrating!
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

troublesmom wrote:Nothing but trouble with the PO, delivery has been taking forever. I've had packages from SU sit up in Butner, NC for 3 days before even leaving there then 2 days to get to me. Butner is about 5 - 6 hours from us is all. Very frustrating!
When it was sitting in Fayetteville it was only 45 minutes from here.

Checked tracking again. It now has traveled from Greensboro to Laurinburg and is out for delivery. :-o

I'll believe it when I see it.
Pam P.

EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

between UPS, USPS, FEDEX and every other delivery company
I'm supplying the whole neighborhood with items that I order.
I feel like I should supply reading glasses to them all so that they
can read the address labels. For packages that I've gotten phone calls
about they were delivered to 54th street, 56th street, the 500 block
of 55th street, who knows where the rest of them have gone to, good thing
Amazon has such great customer service
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

My wandering shipment arrived today- I told George that my stamps have visited more parts of the State than I have. :lol:
Pam P.

troublesmom

Post by troublesmom »

I just received my SU order from UPS that was supposed to come Friday. I was surprised.
Cheryl
Myrtle Beach
#59 in order PAO
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Lately, I've also had variations on all those shipping scenarios. Add in the fact that with an international border involved, most packages from the US take more than a month to arrive. And still don't get here on the date tracking says they will. I've been assured I'll have packages by end of day that arrive 3 days later. Forget accurate tracking of packages; once they move from the USPS to Canada Post it's like they were swallowed up by the Bermuda triangle. Then in most cases, they magically show up one day. Except for the ones never to be seen again.
Monica, I usually have things delivered to the office when I'm working. Except with delivery times taking so long these days there's a chance I'll have wrapped the show and be home again before they arrive, and with the building closed up for months when that happens I daren't use this address right now. So I use my home address, then don't know until I get home again which could be weeks later if something's arrived when it said it did. At least my family is also in the building to retrieve packages left on the porch.
My daughter's birthday was this past week. She wanted a pair of curtains that were 1/4 of the price on the US site than the Canadian site; even with the exchange rate and shipping will still only cost about half. The US site doesn't deliver to Canada so I ordered them to be shipped to my US address in Florida - which is a service that will reship them to me in Canada. Keeping my fingers crossed that they arrive before Christmas LOL. I did warn her they won't arrive anytime soon.
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

I used to have some problems but lately that have been on time or early.
Our post office delivers a lot of the smaller ones.
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois