vacation?!

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
Monica

vacation?!

Post by Monica »

So... I've been off work since last Friday. That night I drove to Coeur d'Alene, Idaho to visit an aunt. Saturday DH flew up to meet us for lunch, then I did a smidge of shopping to find an outfit for my niece's wedding (July 31 in Montana), which somehow also found me at Michael's, Joann's, and Tuesday Morning! :lol: Then up to Colville Saturday evening to stay overnight, Sunday morning was spent with a close friend on my mom's who I've known since I was about 4 years old, then a stop in Spokane and home.

Monday and Tuesday were catch up on things around the house, then Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday we undertook a remodel of our deck and replacement of the walls of our carport and the storage room behind it. I'm sore. I hurt in places I haven't since the last time I helped my dad remodel something when I Was in my 20s! :lol: But... we've gotten rid of a LOT of crap that just needed to go, plus made a serious start on our project. I ordered a front-end load dumpster from the garbage company, which allowed us to get rid of things that had simply accumulated along with the old siding, lattice all around the decking (I hate wooden lattice), and everything on the end deck aside from the pressure treated wood posts. I may even be able to put a hot tub there (when I buy one) after this is all done!

It only took 12 years after moving into the house to get DH to really go on this project, but it will be done this summer, one weekend at a time until it's finished. And he's also finally started cleaning out some of the r/c airplane stuff he won't use again. A lot he can't fly due to a tremor from diabetes in one hand, and he's been so involved the past few years in his full-size kit airplane (yes, he flew it up to Coeur d'Alene) that he's not really interested in that hobby anyway.

Progress! Now if only I could just not be an essential worker for a couple more weeks.... imagine what I could get done when not simply taking vacation time! :tomato:
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
paddlegal

Re: vacation?!

Post by paddlegal »

Sounds like an incredibly fun (visiting and shopping) and successful (all that hard work) vacation. Yes you now need an actual vacation. Wow.

So what goodies did you find at all those craft stops?
FARLEY in Sacramento
Monica

Post by Monica »

I found a couple new dies and some paper pads for Disney dies I already had at Tuesday Morning, along with a pack of washi tape I decided I had to have. :lol: At Joann's they had some of this year's TH Ideaology and I picked up a couple things I had wanted but not gotten around to order yet. At Michael's I only picked up some small containers with locking lids for storage. But I reveled in simply walking around craft stores!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Goodness! It sounds like a great time. Even the decluttering & deconstruction!
I know it feels great to get so much accomplished.

We’re on I-40 eastbound. Spent the day driving up to Wilkesboro and along the ridge before heading back home. Did y’all know driving on the interstate is a competitive sport? Yeah. I’ll be glad to be home.
Pam Cook #48