Keitha's challenge

Debbie J

Re: Keitha's challenge

Post by Debbie J »

Here’s what I made for Beki’s challenge but it fits here too, for odd size card.
Attachments
6E1D8DA5-0C16-4C59-9DA3-840B65226D69.jpeg
6E1D8DA5-0C16-4C59-9DA3-840B65226D69.jpeg (120.23 KiB) Viewed 369 times
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Yes, it does indeed. Great card, Debbie!
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I just finished my scrapbook of our trip to Charlottesville last Fall. It’s 6x8 pocket pages. That’s an easy format for me to do my Journal Your Christmas scrapbook, but quite challenging for vacation photos. Good thing it was just a 3 day trip! Here’s one of the spreads.
Attachments
29EE9F17-C585-43FB-B2F1-1F0E47FD96A5.jpeg
29EE9F17-C585-43FB-B2F1-1F0E47FD96A5.jpeg (108.29 KiB) Viewed 360 times
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pugmom

Post by pugmom »

I did a pocket page, but I don't feel like I did much. The old house in the upper right corner is a Silhouette cut file and I thought the die cut thread was appropriate since the Henry River Mill Village was a cotton yarn manufacturing town.
Keitha's challenge.jpg
Keitha's challenge.jpg (120.62 KiB) Viewed 337 times
Keitha's challenge page 2.jpg
Keitha's challenge page 2.jpg (97.38 KiB) Viewed 337 times
Sue in NC (formerly known as Sue in Colorado)
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Oh - I really want to get over there! And I want to go to an Outlander gathering.
So much to do and so little vacation time.

Sue - perfect embellishments!
Debi's book is wonderful. She was able to get so many pages done this past week. It was nice to be able to see it IRL.
Pam Cook #48
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Debi, congrats on getting that album done. I agree, vacation photos in a small size are difficult, but it looks like you managed that short trip nicely. I just found a 6x8 album I'd started of a family vacation from a few years ago that I need to finish. We won't discuss that when I put it away off the display shelf before Christmas I forgot where I put it, so it's been MIA for awhile LOL. It's back in my current pile, and I'm hoping that now that I've done the TNs I'll have an easier time figuring it out. It will require some serious culling of photos from that week-long trip, but I have already and will make more 12x12 pages for specific things.
Debbie - your card definitely fits the size challenge. I like it!
Sue - I quite like your pocket page and agree that your embellishments are perfect. To my mind pocket scrapping is quite a different beast than making regular pages; while it's fun to mix it up a bit, it'll never replace regular layouts for me.
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

kacarr61 wrote:Keitha, what size is your TN? Mine has pages that are 3.75 x 6.25 - - - pretty small. I had planned to use for my COVID album but wondering if there are larger sizes.
Sorry Kathy, I completely missed this question. My Travelers Notebook is what they call Standard size; the pages are 4.25 wide by 8.25 tall, which open makes them 8.5 wide by 8.25 tall. Sounds like yours is what's known as Personal size, certainly quite a bit smaller. I believe there are about a half dozen different sizes that are all considered TNs; if you google Travelers Notebook insert sizes you can find the measurements. Personally for photos, I wouldn't want anything smaller than the Standard size I used, maybe 5x7 if I wanted a bit more room horizontally.
One consideration is if you want to put your booklet or insert inside a cover, what are your cover options? Any size works if you make your own, but I haven't explored covers for other sizes; the Standard size seems to be readily available from a number of sources in various materials. I have my 2 TNs inside a purchased vinyl cover with a tropical leaf print; because the books are so thick with the added papers and photos they fill it nicely, making what I consider a completed scrapbook.
Monica

Post by Monica »

Loving all the projects posted for this challenge!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin