Checking in

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
Monica

Re: Checking in

Post by Monica »

Elizabeth, I'll make sure to have a cuppa or two tonight! I have a monthly tea subscription with teas from all over the world. So much goodness.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I'm drinking mead that's room temperature. Hope that counts. :drunk:
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Monica - where is the tea subscription from? Sounds like fun!
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

nchoney wrote:Monica - where is the tea subscription from? Sounds like fun!
http://www.tearunners.com I've had a subscription for two years now.
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Reading about your tea subscription Monica and thinking 'there needs to be a chocolate subscription'. Turns out there is - several in fact. Who knew?
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Other than going out in my own car to the grocery store online pick-up spot I’ve been clear of people in general. Charley does the run to another store with no online service. Showers when he returns. I did have to go to my bank last week 3 times to take care of needed personal business that I couldn’t do online. Used the gel in and out and then again in my car. Got home and took a shower. I did get out yesterday on my own, in my own car to bird along a quiet country road loaded with ponds and a nice variety of birds. A few photos on FB. Much needed in my state of mind. So sad all of my surveys have been suspended for now. But this period of lock-down has forced me to do household projects and I’ve actually accomplished a lot. Going to try to work in some crafting this rainy weekend too.

No tea for me but I am a hardcore subscription member of Black Riffle Coffee Company...super company owned and operated exclusively by veterans. Awesome coffee bean roasters. My favorite these days is Blackbeard’s Delight.

Oh, I do get my wine club selections delivered at no charge too! I’m covered.

Stay well my dear friends and cheers... :coffee3: :coffee3: :coffee3:
FARLEY in Sacramento
wannabescrappin

Post by wannabescrappin »

I was sent home this week to work because I'm in that (as I like to say) "seasoned" age group. I did make 3 home visits late last week and the streets were deserted...a very good thing, but still scary. Working from home is so strange. Everything takes so much longer...Nursing by phone - always (and still) learning something new! A blessing in disguise, I suppose, as I leave tomorrow to take care of my sister who had her second round of chemo yesterday. My son Josh in Seattle is working from home - just bought a house - is staying away from everyone as best he can and praying for this to end as quickly as possible as we all are. Mitchell (detective) is working from home also (with his wife and my 2 darling grands) and only being called out for emergencies - he's going stir crazy but loving the time with Amelia and Zach! Kurt is spraying everything with Lysol that comes within 10 feet of the house!
Hope all of you stay safe and well. Take good care. :happy94:
Find time each day to rejoice in the journey...

Cheryl H (aka wannabescrappin)
#61 in the order of PAO
katymjo

Post by katymjo »

Brian and I are safe and well. We are lucky that we live in a big village and have a garden, so can have a bit of fresh air and exercise. Our freezer is well stocked. We walked round to the village shop and were able to buy fresh veg and fruit. We went at lunch-time and it was very quiet. We have a milkman who delivers four times a week, and also brings eggs, I just hope he stays healthy! I have dragged out some fabrics and am making patchwork blocks featuring long legged birds, in bright colours. Our Sleights ladies' group has organised a telephone rota so all us stop-at-homes can keep in touch.
However long it takes, every day is one day less ;)
Monica

Post by Monica »

I like that sentiment, Kathryn. :)

April 1st and our weather has gone chilly again... I was so enjoying the warm last week! Was talking with my mom on the way in this morning, and she'll be getting up early to do seniors shopping tomorrow. I told her to wear one of the fabric face masks she made and we had a discussion about why she does need it even though she isn't sick. I think I'm going to hunt down that Mythbusters Youtube video where they show how far droplets travel from a person talking normally and post it on FB as a reminder. There's a scientific reason for that 6 foot minimum.
gwendols

Post by gwendols »

Scott and I have been working at home since March 16th. The cat is still trying to figure out why we aren't leaving. LOL

We've basically been staying at home 24/7 and have done a few grocery delivery orders. I am a contractor at Ford, so next week we are forced into a "vacation" week. I actually don't mind it because I can do some things that I haven't been due to keeping a fairly normal "working from home" schedule. I can file for unemployment on a temporary basis as well for next week. Scott works for an automotive supplier. So he's still working, but his company is taking some measures to weather this (shorter hours, etc).

Might even make it into my scrap room next week.....

Stay safe everyone!!
Gwen Godfrey
#6 in the order of PAO
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Greg, son Dan and I are doing Okay! Staying at home is not so bad, Greg works from home and I can do whatever. Dan stays in room until hunger strikes.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
Monica

Post by Monica »

Hi everyone. Checking in again to see how we all are.

I've reached a point of mental and physical fatigue from dealing with all the changes and stress, and I plan to sleep myself out this weekend since I won't have to run my girlfriend to work both days. Normally I'd have her take public transit at least part of the time, but we're not willing to risk it right now.

And hubby is still working, but at this point it's a cross your fingers and hope they have enough suppliers still manufacturing parts to keep them building. It's very possible that they could go under within the next two months, depending on how long the quarantine lasts, and that scares the crap out of me.

My job is in no danger of disappearing, it's just trying to adapt to the weekly proclamations from the governor and still comply with state laws on open government as well as the main topic of conversation being the coronavirus that wears me out.

My girlfriend was supposed to be transitioning to her own place about now, which obviously isn't going to happen for some time yet. She works fast food right now, and complains every day about how it shouldn't be essential... which by the way, those places keep truckers, police, fire, medical services, public employees, and so on fed... and I've started pointedly telling people on FB who seem to need to gripe about why a food place that isn't a grocery is necessary. I think the negativity is effecting me, to be truthful.

Anyway... didn't mean to dump all over you guys... hope everyone is well and staying safe. :happy94:
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Pretty much the same here. Charley is able to do his law clerk job from home, reading files and writing briefs for a firm that does social security/disability cases. As long as the firm stays open he has a job. Meanwhile his last few classes at night are all online as well as his final exams. Graduation is a no-go of course and the Bar exam is still up in the air. But there is talk about just pushing it to September or October which is better than February.

I face time with my step daughter and grandkids, do household chores, make meals, order groceries online. I get out about once a week solo to do some car birding, exercise on the Peloton and make cards. I still hope that I will be able to have some kind of remembrance event for Bob before the year is out.

Monica I hope you get the rest you need this weekend.

:happy94:
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

I hope things stabilize for your husband's job soon (as in, no worried about keeping his job!). Joel is still home but will have to go in for a week later this month.
I'm no longer on the list of nurses being drafted to work night shift next week. 62 years old and haven't touched a patient in over 20 years weren't reasons enough. Because of my history of lung problems, they finally excused me. Cross your fingers that the new CDC guidelines about exposure/working for essential personnel allows healthy hospital staff to return to work soon. My job is busy as ever - just in a different direction. I finish the day emotionally raw and physically exhausted. Yesterday, a patient prayed a prayer of protection & blessing over me and I just burst into tears. My coworker mentions daily she's afraid she'll never see her kids & grandkids again (they live about 1/2 mile away) and that just reinforces, to me, how far away my kids and grandkids are - that sure helps my mental health!
BUT - I'm healthy, I have food in my fridge, freezer, & pantry. I can still get good, locally sourced (if overpriced!) produce (and meat for Joel) at our farmers market. The storm early this morning did no damage to our property. My husband is safe at home with me - and we're still enjoying each other's company. I have a tremendous inventory of scrapbook supplies and am in no danger of running out of adhesive. My kids and grandkids are all in places where I can Facetime when we want. Life is pretty good still. I plan to add a few more plants to my little square foot garden this weekend.
Pam Cook #48