Another craft room tour

pamcook

Another craft room tour

Post by pamcook »

I liked a lot of this space and I appreciated that she said yo front that charting is her business. I liked that she has some of her products on display (the colors are so pretty) and that card garland is such a fun idea.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IantXTxtDyY
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Re: Another craft room tour

Post by pbp908 »

There is not a single wall in my space that doesn't have a door or a window breaking it up. <sigh>

I think that's an issue for all of us, so as she said - do what works for you. My room will work a lot better as soon as SOMEONE disposes of the old computer equipment taking up an entire corner.

A girl can dream, right??
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

This is a great craft room! Very well organized, and not over the top. I was intrigued by her use of the Ikea Billy bookcases; I've actually got one I'm about to get rid of, but might see if I can find a spot for it and repurpose it. It was good to be reminded you don't need really deep shelves for everything. I love her green tool chest, so of course had to look online. I can get one here - for $1500. Don't think I'll be ordering one in the near future, LOL.
Watching this has inspired me to keep going with my own organization and purge here in the Glitter Grotto. I've been thinking recently about reconfiguring my furniture arrangement, which might be worth doing if I can free up some additional storage space. Currently my desk sits with one end against a wall, but I'll play with an arrangement where it's in the middle of the floor, which would give me extra wall space.
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Keitha, I think I would buy a used traditional red tool chest and spray paint it or just add vinyl decals to decorate it.
The Alex drawers from Ikea are wonderful. Just deep enough that’s it’s easy to find what you’re searching for. Stacking them is just brilliant.
I think I need a balance of hidden supplies vs. out in the open supplies. I know that I’m more apt to use what I see but too much overwhelms me. I’m such a paradox. :wtf:
Pam Cook #48
Monica

Post by Monica »

That was a really good video. She not only took into account the space she had to work with, but also thought a bit outside the box for storage. I've found some great things in unexpected places, like hardware stores! At this point a lot of what I have is the cube storage one used to be able to buy pretty much anywhere, and I'm happy with my purchases.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Her video was great and not over the top but attractive and very practical. I love that she also showed what it looks like when she’s actually in there working. It still looked great messy.
FARLEY in Sacramento