Here We Go Again

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
pbp908

Here We Go Again

Post by pbp908 »

I haven't said much about my knee because I was hoping it would get better. I have some bone fragments and other junk floating around in there causing a lot of pain, so I had an MRI done Friday. Saw my orthopedist today and surgery is scheduled for next Thursday, Jan. 30, to clean it all up. Maybe after this I can get to some of the work that I couldn't do last Spring and Summer. ;)
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pamcook

Re: Here We Go Again

Post by pamcook »

pbp908 wrote:I haven't said much about my knee because I was hoping it would get better. I have some bone fragments and other junk floating around in there causing a lot of pain, so I had an MRI done Friday. Saw my orthopedist today and surgery is scheduled for next Thursday, Jan. 30, to clean it all up. Maybe after this I can get to some of the work that I couldn't do last Spring and Summer. ;)
I'm sorry you'll have to face that surgery. At least you're not having to wait forever and a day to have it.
Pam Cook #48
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Sorry to hear that, but as Pam said I'm glad you're getting it taken care of quickly.
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Oh man. Hoping it ALL goes well.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
Monica

Post by Monica »

Wow, Pam! Hopeful for you that the surgery takes care of everything and you're truly on the road to recovery and done with issues after that.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

Hope all goes well
:happy94: :happy94:
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I just don't want to lose another Spring and Summer because of leg issues. There's too much to do around here!

One good side affect of all this - I can't move around as much as I'd like to right now, so I can get those challenges and card swaps done quickly. It's therapy, don't you know?? :lol:
Pam P.

EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

And REMEMBER, once you have that knee clean up
completed, follow the doctors orders and take it easy
not too much time spent putting pressure on the
knee let it heal properly
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

Hope the surgery goes well. And definitely follow doctor's orders!!
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

I had a scope and was pressured by my boss to return to work after 3 weeks. I worked 12 hours shifts, factory settings etc. Never ever again! Didn’t do myself any favors for sure.

Take your time and have fun creating!
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Oh my goodness Pam! So sorry for this. Getting it over with so soon is good and then take the necessary time to recover fully. :happy94:
FARLEY in Sacramento
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Debbie J wrote:I had a scope and was pressured by my boss to return to work after 3 weeks. I worked 12 hours shifts, factory settings etc. Never ever again! Didn’t do myself any favors for sure.

Take your time and have fun creating!
That sounds very similar to the pressure I had following my foot surgery. The Agency was told that I'd be out 6 weeks, but the dept. administrator was calling me constantly wanting to know when I was going to be back, even though I was in a wheel chair and our offices were not very handicapped accessible. (Yep, a Federally funded Agency that didn't conform with ADHA regs. Go figure.) I finally convinced the dr. to let me go back part time after 4 weeks against his better wishes. Would you believe they wouldn't allow me to do that?? It was all or nothing so I had to wait out the 2 weeks. It got to the point where I didn't bother answering the phone. Not long after that the admin. got into a huge fight with the Exec. Dir. and was led to the door. The position was never filled again after that. :lol:

After the scope on my right knee, I had a really bad case of burn out. The dr. said I could return to work after 2 weeks, but I told him to make it 4. The Agency didn't like it but what could they do? I was under a drs. care. :lol: I had the PTO to burn, so I did. At least that time they didn't make me nuts calling. They liked it even less when George had 2 heart attacks the last weekend of my leave. Tough. I took the time I needed. I truly believe they finally understood that I'd tell them to shove the job. That time the Exec. Director came down and told my Director that I could take all the time that I needed.

Thank you all. I do plan to behave and take the meds, elevate and use the ice packs, don't push too much and mend. Believe me, loosing most of Spring and all of Summer last year was enough being an impatient patient for me!
Pam P.

wannabescrappin

Post by wannabescrappin »

Well, good thing is you certainly have the hang of this by now! Mind your doctor's orders and remember....there's a private duty RN not far away!!! :drunk:
Find time each day to rejoice in the journey...

Cheryl H (aka wannabescrappin)
#61 in the order of PAO
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

wannabescrappin wrote:Well, good thing is you certainly have the hang of this by now! Mind your doctor's orders and remember....there's a private duty RN not far away!!! :drunk:

I'm sure Apollo would love having someone dote on him instead of telling him to knock it off!
Pam P.