PAO’er Play is coming!

Debbie J

Re: PAO’er Play is coming!

Post by Debbie J »

I hit a few points. I’m terrible at getting a decent picture of layouts.
This was at Canyonlands National Park in Utah, so beautiful!
Attachments
22828462-15DD-4BC8-B55A-CCFD8C3F2689.jpeg
22828462-15DD-4BC8-B55A-CCFD8C3F2689.jpeg (130.29 KiB) Viewed 441 times
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

My enamel dots have gone into the Protective Program. ;)
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Terrific LO Debbie! I like the layered circles. Isn’t that one spectacular part of the country? Bob and I spent 9 days in Moab with friends mountain biking in the area.

Pam that is the sweetest picture and adorable LO.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Debbie, the event starts on 10/1 but I’m going to let you start early because I know you’ll be backpacking soon! I love this page and Moab is one of my most favorite places in the planet.
Anyone who wants to start early, feel free- especially if you have vacation planned in October.

Beginning 10/1, there will be a thread for each day with guidelines on how to earn points that day. Each of us should post our projects in the thread for the appropriate day. I hope that makes sense!
Pam Cook #48
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Oops, ok. Yeah I will be gone Oct 5-10 so I need all the head start I can get!
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

paddlegal wrote: Isn’t that one spectacular part of the country? Bob and I spent 9 days in Moab with friends mountain biking in the area.

We loved it and didn’t have nearly enough time. I hate that we missed Capital Reef but just couldn’t work it in. Canyonlands was a pleasant surprise and we spent more time there than we originally allowed ourselves so we had to sacrifice Capital Reef. Arches was spectacular and we loved Zion. I was surprised that you could only get around Zion by parking your vehicle and having a shuttle bus drop off at specific locations but I’m sure it leaves a much smaller footprint on the park. We did several couple miles hikes in each park.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Debbie J wrote:
paddlegal wrote: Isn’t that one spectacular part of the country? Bob and I spent 9 days in Moab with friends mountain biking in the area.

We loved it and didn’t have nearly enough time. I hate that we missed Capital Reef but just couldn’t work it in. Canyonlands was a pleasant surprise and we spent more time there than we originally allowed ourselves so we had to sacrifice Capital Reef. Arches was spectacular and we loved Zion. I was surprised that you could only get around Zion by parking your vehicle and having a shuttle bus drop off at specific locations but I’m sure it leaves a much smaller footprint on the park. We did several couple miles hikes in each park.

Our trip was over 25 years ago with another couple and based ourselves in Moab. Each day we went out on our mountain bikes exploring spots like Gemini Bridges...above it and below it, Onion Creek, Slick Rock with dinosaur tracks, Klondike Bluffs and so many more. One of the best trips we ever had. I wonder if we would still be allowed today to ride on all of those trails?

Enjoy your big hike and be careful. BTW, do you or who you’re going with have a satellite communicator? It’s a must. I use a Garmin InReach so Bob knows where I am when I’m out of cell phone range. It tracks me on a map on his computer and has an SOS button for emergencies. Plus I am able to send preset or new text/email messages to Bob.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

For anyone who hasn’t been, this is no such thing as enough time in any area of Utah. We visited three times (twice to Moab) and always dreamed of retiring there. First time was a stay at Zion Ponderosa on the north rim of ZNP. We hiked 6 hours down into the canyon ending up in the Park. Back then you could drive into the park. Next two visits were to Moab - first time was when we bought a camper in Santa Rosa and drove it home. Next time, we flew into SLC and drove down (massive car show). We’ll probably go again shortly after retiring.
Pam Cook #48
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

Debbie J wrote:My enamel dots have gone into the Protective Program. ;)
LOL. They must be keeping my art quilt company!

Debbie, love your layout and I am so. jealous. of your trip. I love that part of the country, and need to get back and explore more of it.
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

nice Debby
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Only a few more days! :cool5:
Each day will have a thread. That thread will have a list of supplies to choose from to earn points for your creations. Post your artwork for that day in that thread. Remember to keep track of your points! If you aren’t sure how to tally your points, ask!
Remember to cross post in Farley’s thread if you’re making cards and in PamP’s challenge to use punches. BONUS POINTS!!!
As the month unfolds, feel free to PM me suggestions for other ways to earn points.
Pam Cook #48
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I was kicking myself for doing my Halloween cards before this started, but then realized I wouldn't post photos anyway. LOL
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com