Thank You Raptor Survey Card

paddlegal

Thank You Raptor Survey Card

Post by paddlegal »

Today was our last raptor survey of 2019. Twice a month from March through September my team and I drive the same 25 mile route searching for raptors to identify. Each bird we see has to be identified and then noted why we ID’d them as such, how many and location of each bird, what they were doing at the time and what the habitat was. This is part of a long term (7 years so far) study of our raptors and how habitats have changed...we lost a major one due to a housing development mid year. My team is made up of 4 people, me being the leader, another has done all the driving, another does all the scribing and the 4th is also a spotter. We all work together to spot and identify. The driver and I have been teammates for 3 years with the other two positions changing each year. His wife this year “loaned” us her van so we had enough room to haul equipment, sit up higher for better viewing and just plain more comfortable.

This card was just a thank you to her for being so generous with her vehicle while she drove his much smaller car on those days. It really made a difference to us.

I used the MFT cloud stencil for the background, the eagle is an Altenew stamp and the sentiment is a CP die.
Attachments
49791532-16E7-48E3-A1D4-849D907AD894.jpeg
49791532-16E7-48E3-A1D4-849D907AD894.jpeg (89.08 KiB) Viewed 383 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
Debbie J

Re: Thank You Raptor Survey Card

Post by Debbie J »

Beautiful and I’m sure she will love it!
pamcook

Re: Thank You Raptor Survey Card

Post by pamcook »

A beautiful card and very nice of you to take the time to make it for her.
Pam Cook #48