It’s the weekend!

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
pamcook

It’s the weekend!

Post by pamcook »

What’s everyone doing? We’re on our way to a car show and then I might repot my planters on the porch. It’s just still too hot.
Pam Cook #48
nchoney

Re: It’s the weekend!

Post by nchoney »

Napping. Then might start gathering all my dog themed supplies. Getting ready for the October scrapping.
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Our weekend started yesterday. Bob and I went to Heritage Oak Winery, one of our favorites, to pick up our wine club selection, do some extra tasting, picnicking and of course birding. This winery is where my birding “career” started. Very generous owner welcomes birders. Bob built a number of Western Bluebird nest boxes for him that dot the vineyard.

Today we have a 40th anniversary party to go to. Weather here has been beautiful and very fallish for N CA. Now I must go make that anniversary card that I should have made days ago. I am so behind in my card making...it’s the birds’ fault. :lol:

Enjoy your weekend everyone.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Monica

Post by Monica »

Contemplating what project to tackle today. I need to finish the Halloween swap cards, assemble another cube storage unit and add it to the third bedroom for additional storage, and think about making a shopping list for groceries. We went to the fair last night (opening day) and between the weather change, normal fair scents, and what some people bathe in for perfume, not even allergy meds and sudafed were doing enough by the time we left. I came home and crashed hard, and feel a bit groggy this morning.
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

I was at a quilt retreat Friday and 6 hours today. Home now and resting.
Got my Catherine Pooler order today, holiday stamps and dies.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
Debbie J

Post by Debbie J »

Packed my backpack for Havisupai and walking around the complex breaking in my hiking boots and adjusting to packing around 40 pounds, I walked a mile and was drenched! It’s 91 degrees here but it will be in Havasupai the day we hike down too so have to get used to it.
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

pat-czap wrote:I was at a quilt retreat Friday and 6 hours today. Home now and resting.
Got my Catherine Pooler order today, holiday stamps and dies.

Oh Pat, I forgot to mention that I too got my Catherine Pooler holiday goodies yesterday! What stamp sets or bundles did you get? I “restricted” myself to the Pick a Pine Bundle plus the embossing trio, star cover die and the pine tree background stamp. Oh and the 6x6 paper pack. I was really impressed with all the bundles this year. Last year I didn’t get any CP holiday stamps. I am set for holiday cards.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Debbie!!!
I can’t wait to hear all about your trip! I can’t even imagine. I’m so jealous but I’m so happy for you.
Pam Cook #48
pat-czap

Post by pat-czap »

Farley...I got the Boughs and Berries Stamps and Dies. I also got a boatload of ink refills.
Pat from NW OHIO
Midwest, USA
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Halloween cards and Thanksgiving/Fall cards are done, addressed, sealed and waiting for an appropriate time to mail them. ;) Finished the remainder of the Christmas ornaments for the swap. I tried very hard to make a LO using Pam's Sept. challenge but ended up going in a different direction. I'm thinking what I did make will end up on cards. Tomorrow I'll probably head into town to find boxes for mailing the ornaments and some fall plants for my deck garden pots. The tomatoes and marigolds are in desperate need of replacement.

On a costly note, since the water has dried up we have oak trees dying left and right. One is hanging over my bedroom, one is over the ramp on the north end of the deck, and the others spaced a bit further away from the house. 5 in all, and fairly large trees. So today I met with a tree removal service and they're going to cut them down, haul off the limbs, cut and stack the wood into manageable size (looks like I'm in the fire wood business!), and grind the stumps. Whoo hoo. Funny funny guys but they do a great job from the recommendations I got. Anyone need wood???

So far it's been a productive weekend! I may just decide to cook tomorrow after my foray to find plants. :-o
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

Laundry after the water exercise the read.
Tomorrow maybe fall/thanksgiving cards
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I was absolutely lazy all weekend. I did sort some stamps.... and emptied out the fridge so we could go to Food Lion and replace things that were in the fridge during Dorian. We haven't done a lot of cooking since then... been too tired to do much of anything.

but... had dinner with Helen last night. She had a little shingle damage in the storm, but nothing major .. and that'll get fixed this week.
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
Keitha

Post by Keitha »

It was lovely here in North Bay for the first day of autumn; we went to visit a very cool outdoor art installation called Screaming Heads that's about an hour from here: https://www.thestar.com/life/travel/201 ... llery.html. I did take photos in case I decide to scrap about it sometime. Sunday was miserable and pouring rain, so I lazed around the hotel and only went out for dinner.
If I make it home this coming weekend I'm hoping to put together a kit for scrapping my last vacation in a Traveler's Notebook. It's been far too long since I created anything :(