New Background Stamp Card and Markers

paddlegal

New Background Stamp Card and Markers

Post by paddlegal »

Catherine Pooler needs to stop releasing back-to-back cool stamps and such. Lately it’s been a parade of temptation but I’ve been pretty good about not going overboard. At least I don’t go for the “I want it all” bundle that is typically $350 like a few of the other SN members. This last release I just got the background stamp on this card plus a stencil. (Patting myself on the back)

This color combo came about only because of a new-to-me alcohol ink marker - the Spectrum Noir Tri-Blend. I always am skeptical of these tricky type markers but I have to say I do like this kind. All three shades are on one marker by just pulling apart and using the color you want. The three light, mid and dark shades blend very nicely. I picked these three colors up at my LSS and used them on the new background floral stamp.
Attachments
0F68D8F3-40EF-493E-AFBE-A1169765FE2B.jpeg
0F68D8F3-40EF-493E-AFBE-A1169765FE2B.jpeg (123.18 KiB) Viewed 538 times
D0CCC313-AFF0-4E66-9C5C-D52C55635590.jpeg
D0CCC313-AFF0-4E66-9C5C-D52C55635590.jpeg (49.38 KiB) Viewed 538 times
FARLEY in Sacramento
nchoney

Re: New Background Stamp Card and Markers

Post by nchoney »

Great colors ... and that turned out really well! :-)

making note to start using alcohol markers more... I bought them and then don't use them much... practice practice practice!!
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
Monica

Post by Monica »

Beautiful card! Interesting markers, although I'm still resisting any and all alcohol markers at this point. I choose not to dedicate the time learning how to properly blend them, which is why I don't buy, but I'm always in awe of those who can!
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

That stamp is amazing. I bow down to your marker skills. There’s a fridge bin full on my shelf from Cara’s college days (Interior Design students have way better classes than Nursing Students - just sayin’). Maybe some day I’ll pull them out.
Pam Cook #48
paddlegal

Post by paddlegal »

Monica wrote:Beautiful card! Interesting markers, although I'm still resisting any and all alcohol markers at this point. I choose not to dedicate the time learning how to properly blend them, which is why I don't buy, but I'm always in awe of those who can!

Thanks everyone!

I have a (ahem) decent supply of Copics and a small collection of the Altenew markers and do enjoy them. But they do take some thinking when wanting to blend the right colors. These Tri-blend markers really do take that indecision out of the equation. And once you do know what colors to use, the blending really is quite easy though I agree, takes time to do each layer and then go back over it and fuss with it like I do.
FARLEY in Sacramento
Monica

Post by Monica »

You do a great job, Farley. :D
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
4nancie

Post by 4nancie »

very pretty card!
jmp1022