nothing in particular...

Something else on your mind? Keep it clean, keep it nice
Monica

nothing in particular...

Post by Monica »

And now that you've looked to see what I meant... :lol: How's the week looking for everyone?

I'm in the midst of the Monday 'I need coffee' syndrome, and planning out what I need to get done this week for work and home.

Dave is on his way home again, hopefully back by tomorrow night, in a different plane then he flew out to Osh Kosh with.

Emily is settling in, and Belle the cat is slowly adjusting. We've got 3 fires burning around us, so I pulled the cat door panel to minimize the smoke into the house, which resulted in Belle getting over herself a bit more to pester me as usual. She's a pill when she can't go out now and then, whine and cry and generally jump up onto the desk and get in my way.

Took a day trip to the Seattle area Saturday to get away from smoke, did some mall shopping, stopped at my fave scrapbook store over there, and came back home tired but happy.

I got another page scrapped yesterday that I'm really proud of, and sorted my POPs into rainbow color, so craft-wise productive. We also hit the farmer's market yesterday, which means fresh berries and squash, and some local grass-fed beef steaks.

And yes, I still need to take pictures of layouts and post them here.... :tomato:
No. 28 in the Order of PAO
Chief Bearer of the Torch and Admin
paddlegal

Re: nothing in particular...

Post by paddlegal »

:lol:

Yes, I looked! Hope by now you’ve had your coffee.

Well I’ll tell you all about the mess I am currently in, in my craftroom. My wonderful crafting magnifier/lamp of 20 years (a gift from Bob) died about 4 weeks ago. I ended up going back to the same company but this time I’ll be getting the LED version. It’s been slow getting to me but it arrives today! Yay. But...with all the paper purging I’ve been doing my desk is once again a disaster. So I am GUTTING my craft desk to clear it off, clean it and prepare for the new lamp. Photos later today.

Meanwhile in our 108 degree heat weekend we’ve attempted to stay cool. Yesterday Charley hosted his DND group...he is the DM (dungeon master for the uninitiated). They arrived at 11 am, including Charley’s new girlfriend and first time meeting her, (like) and played until 11:15 pm. I always make dinner for the gang of 8. There is nothing better than hearing that group yelling and laughing throughout the day and night. Plus they love it when I make them Mexican spiced mochas, LOL. Several of them are serious coffee drinkers and appreciate my lattes.
FARLEY in Sacramento
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

You made me look as well.

Cara & her family were here for a little over 3 weeks. I loved every second of the chaos. They’re now in NZ again for a few weeks. It was all I could do to keep from getting on the plane with them yesterday.
I spent some time last evening putting things away, clearing out the fridge, and sorting through kitchen tools to donate. Back to work today as coworker is on vacation this week. If not, I would have taken today to wallow in self-pity.

I have a stack of photos printed and quite a few on my phone from this month. I’ll get to them eventually!
Pam Cook #48
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

I've read 7 or 8 books (I lose count because I go through them so fast), chased Apollo all over the neighborhood, and tried to be supportive for TJ and Chris, who both have issues. One serious and one funny.

TJ, who is an "adopted" son and Chris' best friend, called us Friday and said that his fiance's father was missing on the Cape Fear River. His body was recovered yesterday morning. Lauren is a wreck and TJ is naturally very upset. Breaks my heart that they're going through this.

Chris has fleas. He has a cat, but I don't think that's where they came from as he's more to the cat's needs than his own. I'll more than likely end up taking care of his cat while he has the exterminator in. Yay. We really need another animal in this house.
Pam P.
Number 5 In the Order of PAO

http://www.pamsmeanderingthoughts.blogspot.com
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Pam - I followed that story (Cape Fear). So very sad.

So thankful our cats are 100% indoors. I’ve battled fleas too many times.
Pam Cook #48
Monica

Post by Monica »

Farley, yes I had my coffee by the time you posted. :lol: Sounds like you got a long life out of that lamp and nice that you've a new one coming! Cleaning off the desk though :tomato: :lol: :lol: And yuck with those temps! I was really liking our cooler than normal summer. It says a lot about you as a parent that Charley and his friends play at your place.

Pam C, so happy that you got all that time with your family! What a blessing for you and them to have those memories to cherish.

Pam P, I kind of winced a bit at hearing about TJ's fiance's dad. There just aren't words for those situations, you know? As for Chris... have you suggested he wear a flea and tick collar? :lol:
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

My day started by sleeping late and missing the water exercise.
So felt like crap all day
I've been reading books finished 2 series and did some scrapbooking.
Also making some books.
Tomorrow is another day so maybe I'll actually do something.
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Hope you're feeling better soon, Jill.
Pam P.

Monica

Post by Monica »

I second what Pam said! Hope you get to feeling much more like yourself soon, Jill.
nchoney

Post by nchoney »

I hadn't gotten much accomplished while it was extra hot... but now I'm back in the cleaning mood... so I'm still sorting and cleaning. I found a happy home for the chalk inks... yay!!! Now I'll start digging through paper, I think. Too many paper pads... so I need to go through those and pull out paper I don't want to use for layouts and put it in a scraps box for diecutting.

Sunday, I finally got the wedding photo negatives and my negative scanner out at the same time and got all the negatives scanned in. I had lost all my printed photos in Irene... but I still had the negatives. So... now I get to go through all of those and pick out what I want to print in what sizes and get those ordered. Then I can make my wedding scrapbook. I did find some prints that were still stored up in a cabinet... so that's good... they were photos other people sent us, so I don't have those negatives.

And... here's a warning. You know how we've been super good scrapbookers and we've made sure our page protectors are PVC-free? Well... those little plastic envelope/folders that they used to send your photos/negatives back to you in? Those have that lovely "new babydoll smell" and the negatives that were stored in those now all have a greenish tint. So... the PVC fumes have damaged the negatives. I think I can edit the color balance on the scanned images and make them usable... but just a warning if you're still storing negatives.

Spent Monday at Helen's house and she made some cards while I worked on inking some card-fronts. We both had a lovely time, as we always do when we spend time crafting.
Debi Daugherty
IT Director by day... Scrapper by night
Mrs. Fire Chief

Layouts
http://debid.weebly.com
pbp908

Post by pbp908 »

Guess I'd better take a look at my negatives. :(
Pam P.

EDelValle

Post by EDelValle »

I haven't had much time to do any paper crafting
recently.
We finally got our non-paying tenant out of our rental
apartment and it looked like the last time he cleaned was somewhere
around when his girlfriend left him about 5 years ago
So we have some major replacing to do on some items and
while the apartment is empty we are doing some updating
of wall paper and painting. My DD is refinishing the kitchen
cabinets from the 50s brown to an updated Martha Stewart
Sharkey Grey. Amazing what a difference a bit of paint can do.
We will then replace the countertop with a black formica and
do a grey subway tile press and stick for the backsplash.
An inexpensive way to give it an updated look.
One wall in the kitchen had wood grain paneling which we'll change
to a grey and tan brick look, and we'll do a grey vinyl plank tile
on the floor. We have to do flooring in one of the other room because
we had termite damage and it can't be refinished again. Because of
the Summer heat it has been very slow going, hopefully by September
We'll be ready to rent again mentally and space wise.
Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken

Elizabeth in Brooklyn
pamcook

Post by pamcook »

Elizabeth! What an ordeal for you! Please post some photos. MS’ Sharkey Grey is a favorite of mine. I painted one of our bedrooms that color years ago and I still love it. What a great color for the cabinets!
Pam Cook #48
jmp1022

Post by jmp1022 »

well finally went to DR. now I have to do a sleep test
He thinks my oxygen level is too low.
It's not till Sept
Scads of blood test, (shows nothing but a loss of all that blood)

Been doing better but still tired. I'll pull through

Pam P glad your leg is better

Yes fleas can be horrible in a home but not only cat fleas we used to
get sand fleas. Worse to get rid of.

Pam C. I know you enjoyed the grandkids there

Elizabeth glad he is finally out of apartment.

Farley Sorry your light dies but I love my led light

Negatives can go bad themselves but the envies sounds bad.
If the film was not developed correctly can cause bad negatives.
Jill P
# 42 in order PAO
http://jmp1022.blogspot.com/

Northeast Illinois
Monica

Post by Monica »

Debi, that's a good tip about the negatives. I'll have to check mine!

Elizabeth, wow. What an ordeal for you to go through with that renter and fixing up the place to rent again.

Jill, I swear doctors are closet vampires with the amount of blood they always take. Hopefully they can figure things out soon.